Can you dry clean the cloth ???

fatrascal

Registered
What if you have purchased a table, it was disassembled for moving, and the cloth is in pretty good shape. Can you have the cloth dry cleaned and
then re-installed? Would that not be better than putting a dirty used cloth on? Just a thought. Wadda you think????:) :D

mechanic/player

Silver Member
Here's what I have learned about dry cleaning and washing cloth. I had Simonis that was wrinkled very badly from being all balled up with weight on it that I took to the dry cleaner and they treated it just like they would a commercial grade table cloth , they cleaned it and got every wrinkle out.

Another time I advised a customer to do the same but they had a large unknown stain on a piece of Simonis and they got that out too. I have never had regular cloth dry cleaned.

I use old/used/showroom cloth Simonis and Titan/Mali as drop cloths for the slate if I'm working on the rails and for the floor if I dont like whats down there. They get chalky grey from the slate and concrete , greasy from bolts and wd-40 I wipe on it,muddy from wiping my shoes off with so once or twice a month I handwash them in 15 gal barrel using all my laundry washing secrets(substitue yours)air dry and almost all the grease/dirt/debris is removed and never once has a cloth been ruined from it, some colors do bleed more than others.

If the cloth is useable and the pockets aren't butchered up I'd say go for it!

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
I had a 6 x 12 snooker table that i bought and flip it to a pool hall when I went to install it I couldn't find anyone with cloth instock to cover it, so I sent the old cloth out to be dry cleaned. When I got it back it looked great and played faster then i had expected. Just make sure the cloth looks good with no holes or any fraying and it should come back nice.

Best of luck,
Craig