New Video Dealing with Creative and Unusual Bridge Options

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted the following new video on YouTube:

NV J.22 – Top 10 Creative Billiards Bridge Options

Check it out. It demonstrates the following creative, unusual, and useful hand and mechanical bridge options:

1 – Elevated Hand Bridge
2 – Thigh Bridge
3 – Air Bridge
4 – Sliding-Butt Bridge
5 – Mechanical Bridge with Normal Stroke
6 – Vertical Mechanical Bridge
7 – Stacked Mechanical Bridges
8 – Hand-Elevated Mechanical Bridge
9 – Hand-Bridge on Mechanical Bridge Head
10 – Hand-Bridge on Mechanical Bridge Stick

Which do you guys like the best? Are there any that you had not seen before? A few of these have been discussed in recent threads, and I got some additional ideas from Bob Jewett.

Enjoy, and thanks in advance for any feedback or comments,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted the following new video on YouTube:

NV J.22 – Top 10 Creative Billiards Bridge Options

Check it out. It demonstrates the following creative, unusual, and useful hand and mechanical bridge options:

1 – Elevated Hand Bridge
2 – Thigh Bridge
3 – Air Bridge
4 – Sliding-Butt Bridge
5 – Mechanical Bridge with Normal Stroke
6 – Vertical Mechanical Bridge
7 – Stacked Mechanical Bridges
8 – Hand-Elevated Mechanical Bridge
9 – Hand-Bridge on Mechanical Bridge Head
10 – Hand-Bridge on Mechanical Bridge Stick

Which do you guys like the best? Are there any that you had not seen before? A few of these have been discussed in recent threads, and I got some additional ideas from Bob Jewett.

Enjoy, and thanks in advance for any feedback or comments,
Dave
I have links in the YouTube video description showing pros using some of these techniques. If anybody knows of or finds (now or in the future) any other examples, please post links in this thread. They would be fun to see, and I will add the links to the others.

Thanks,
Dave

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Good and creative stuff and I trust all is somehow technically within the rules...but if your feet or ass are on my table you'll be asked to leave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one I remember is SVB jumping with two bridges in the finals of the US Open.

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very creative and informative, as always, Dr. Dave. I'm looking forward to practicing these techniques. Thank you!!

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well done, Dave! I’ve learned a few new things. Time to try them all!

~ K.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good and creative stuff and I trust all is somehow technically within the rules
9 and 10 are definitely questionable (at best) since the bridge is being used for an unintended purpose, as discussed in recent threads.

...but if your feet or ass are on my table you'll be asked to leave.
What if I take off my shoes and wear thicker pants on my ass? :grin-square:

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
The one I remember is SVB jumping with two bridges in the finals of the US Open.
If you can find it, please post a time-stamp link. Do you remember the opponent, and was it this year? If so, I can try to find it.

Thanks,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very creative and informative, as always, Dr. Dave. I'm looking forward to practicing these techniques. Thank you!!
Thank you. They were fun (and educational) for me to practice also. FYI, I didn't hit every one perfectly the first time (except for the misses that I showed ... they only took 1 "take").

Catch you later,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well done, Dave! I’ve learned a few new things. Time to try them all!
Thanks. I learned a few things also when I was doing research for the video. Bob Jewett taught me a couple over the phone.

Regards,
Dave

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I like that one too. The "Bullshit Bridge" is a close second for me.

Thanks to everybody for the comments and feedback,
Dave

That shot/bridge right after the “sliding butt bridge” (or just #2) is very crafty and useful. And I think those last 2 were pretty dang cool, legal or otherwise

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
A very good video -- quite good, in fact -- even if the narrator (Dr. Dave) sounds like a GPS / navigator monotone voice. :p

Learned a couple bridge techniques from this video, which made me go.... "Recalculating!" :p

-Sean <-- "Alexa Dave -- how much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anyone can find a pic of Bobby Chamberlain's bridge, it is about as unique as I has ever seen for a daily driver.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best video I’ve seen in years thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anyone can find a pic of Bobby Chamberlain's bridge, it is about as unique as I has ever seen for a daily driver.

Are you thick? How hard was that?

Attachments

• IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 157