Westminster Billiards

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any good? I'm going to be in the area next week and thought I'd go bang some balls.

If not, any other good halls in the area? I'm staying by the Santa Zoo.

Thanks in advance.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any good? I'm going to be in the area next week and thought I'd go bang some balls.

If not, any other good halls in the area? I'm staying by the Santa Zoo.

Thanks in advance.

No. that place is a hole. There are "pool halls" in Garden Grove too, you don't want to go to those either. You will be 10-15 mins from Hard Times, maybe the last hall inside L.A. County yet outside of L.A. proper to have tight Gold Crowns. (RIP Hollywood Billiards.) There is Danny K's in Orange, which probably has the best atmosphere and a full bar, but all they have is rec tables. Good rec tables, but nothing worth "matching up" on. The last 20 years have been hard, everything has closed. There is also Ruby's sports bar in Westminster, they have 2 Diamond bar boxes.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. that place is a hole. There are "pool halls" in Garden Grove too, you don't want to go to those either. You will be 10-15 mins from Hard Times, maybe the last hall inside L.A. County yet outside of L.A. proper to have tight Gold Crowns. (RIP Hollywood Billiards.) There is Danny K's in Orange, which probably has the best atmosphere and a full bar, but all they have is rec tables. Good rec tables, but nothing worth "matching up" on. The last 20 years have been hard, everything has closed.

I didn't realize Hard Times was that close, but that's Bellflower and correct me if I'm wrong it's not the "good" Hard Times? Either way, I might end up there one day I'm in town. And I'll be on my motorcycle so no stick, just going to bang some around.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't realize Hard Times was that close, but that's Bellflower and correct me if I'm wrong it's not the "good" Hard Times? Either way, I might end up there one day I'm in town. And I'll be on my motorcycle so no stick, just going to bang some around.

haha I just mapquested it, its a little further than that. 21 miles 54 mins. From the zoo to HT, I badly undershot it, but still worth it if youve never been, (we dont know how long Ol Hard Times will be around.) There are two Hard Times but only one in so cal. There are two sides, the tournament side with 4" corner pockets, and the rec side. On your motorcycle? I would hit up Danny K's if you didnt want to make the trek out to HT. (6.3 mi)

Last edited:

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to Stixx in Rancho a Cucamonga. Great place. Little further drive but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m probably going hit HT before it’s gone, 50 minutes is “just around the corner“ in LA! Lol

Depending on time I may hit the Rancho one also, we’ll see what happens. Depends on when get into town.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m probably going hit HT before it’s gone, 50 minutes is “just around the corner“ in LA! Lol

Depending on time I may hit the Rancho one also, we’ll see what happens. Depends on when get into town.

Yeah, you'd want to play at Hard Times Bellflower before it's gone.
Rumors keep floating, but they supposedly renewed their lease.

Do yourself a favor and wear shorts and a lightweight shirt.. A/C is still
an issue.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, you'd want to play at Hard Times Bellflower before it's gone.
Rumors keep floating, but they supposedly renewed their lease.

Do yourself a favor and wear shorts and a lightweight shirt.. A/C is still
an issue.

Thanks and as mentioned, I'm on my MC so shorts isn't really an option. Scratch that, I can throw them in my saddle bags...:thumbup:

If anyone wants to bang some balls I'll be there late next week (Thu, Fri, or Sat?), going to try and hit Stixx while I'm there too. I saw it on the list for US Amateur tournament and almost picked it as an option but chose Salem and Mesa instead.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be able to make it in the late evenings those days. Certainly not during the day.

Stixx that is

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be able to make it in the late evenings those days. Certainly not during the day.

Stixx that is

I wouldn't go during the day, might hit the beach, need to hit High Times Wine in Costa Mesa (for their rum selection), thinking Peterson's museum again (hit it last year on this trip), wouldn't mind hitting Pink's hot dogs, a ride through the hills, normal toursity shit.

Any other guy stuff you guy's can think of let me know.

Good BBQ joints, car museums, etc. I can't imagine there are going to be any car shows during the week and I'm busy on Saturday and leaving on Sunday so those are out.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stixx that is

What day works best? After thinking about it - I can't make it Saturday but Thursday or Friday would work and possibly Wednesday. Not sure when I'll get there.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks and as mentioned, I'm on my MC so shorts isn't really an option. Scratch that, I can throw them in my saddle bags...:thumbup:

If anyone wants to bang some balls I'll be there late next week (Thu, Fri, or Sat?), going to try and hit Stixx while I'm there too. I saw it on the list for US Amateur tournament and almost picked it as an option but chose Salem and Mesa instead.

Excellent self control.

Buddy of mine got crashed by inattentive motorist at about 49 mph and while he broke bones, 0 abrasions. He was in full leathers and it was a hot day.

I literally have fear every time I see a rider in shorts and tshirt.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent self control.

Buddy of mine got crashed by inattentive motorist at about 49 mph and while he broke bones, 0 abrasions. He was in full leathers and it was a hot day.

The only time I wear shorts is when I go to the liquor store :)

That's a joke, because the only time I wore shorts on my Harley was to go to the liquor store (hadn't drank yet, didn't have liquor!). Came out, put bottle in bag, swung leg over and bbzzzzz...touched the exhaust with bare calf, have the scar to prove it.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent self control.

LOL - aka squids

How’s Wednesday Stixx at 8pm

I'm in, see you there...I'll be the ugly one who needs to shave and is wearing jeans! :thumbup:

I'll PM you my info.