Do professional players...

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
Only way to make it as a pro is with sponsorship backing. Not enough money in it otherwise. This isn't MLB or NFL we're talking about. You don't get drafted out of college with a 7 figure contract. You qualify, pay your own way until you get sponsored, hope to do well and catch the eye of a sponsor, and then hope to maintain that standard so you can keep the sponsor. Most pro pool players aren't rich by any standard.

Greg

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
If one of the large cue manufacturers offered to sponsor you in every tournament you wanted to play in, in exchange for you using their cue, would you do it?

Steve

If I had the talent to be at a professional level of pool, and I thought that using a cue from another maker/builder than my sponsor would make me an even BETTER player, I would not. That would be like running sprints with leg weights on. My belief is that pros like Allison, Shane, Mika, etc., probably shot for hours with a Mezz/Cuetec cue before making the decision to accept sponsorship. They more than likely realized that the sponsors cues could do anything they NEEDED them to do performance-wise. JMO!!!

You gotta be at the top of your game to WIN in professional pool. Why strap yourself down with inferior equipment???

Maniac

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
No cue will make anyone play better. It is a piece of wood. If it's straight, well balanced, and has a good tip on it, the pros will have no problem using it.

Steve

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
If I had the talent to be at a professional level of pool, and I thought that using a cue from another maker/builder than my sponsor would make me an even BETTER player, I would not.
Maniac

If that is the case, then since two of the best players in the world are playing with Cuetec, I guess they believe there isn't a cue anywhere that can make them play any better. If there was, they would be using it, wouldn't they?

Do they know something we don't know? Will a Cuetec allow you to play your absolute very best game? Should we all be following Travis' lead????

Steve