Bust Out This Cluster. Can You do it?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The trick on a GC is to use a modest amount of right english.....
...it runs on first rail but nothing left on second rail.

I could not do it on my table with right hand English. Comes up about a ball long. But, in the video, I do know a way.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Short stop level players would have broken the cluster earlier in the rack. :thumbup:

Funny! Okay, it's just after the break, I'll shot the one ball and the two ball and another ball are in the cluster. All the other balls are at the far end. Now, hit the cluster.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I tried it on brand new cloth. Hit it with inside english due to the cloth sliding a little.
On worn cloth (diamond table) if you get tight to the corner pocket it probably can be done with right english.
Its not the easiest of shots.

My diamond table cloth isn't new, but not too worn either. I hit the shot easily with a stun and a little inside.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
PJ nailed it.

As did Rib.

As to english, OP used a touch of inside. Pretty sure about that.

Perhaps the OP meant it can't be done with outside, or right, english.

I'll give him that. But to say it can't be done with english, after using some inside to make the shot, is a contradiction.

-von

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course, I meant to bust it out the way I did. Your way may be a smarter way to bust them out. Just wanted to see if anyone can do it on two rails with English.

JUST English or can I manipulate high and low as well?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made it on my GC4 with original rails without too many problems. TONS of outside drag. I didn't try any other way. Sometimes it came up too short, and scratched in the side.

The toughest problem I had was reaching the cluster, not the angle to the cluster.

Video (30 sec):
https://youtu.be/m8VQ6U_GtEI

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I made it on my GC4 with original rails without too many problems. TONS of outside drag. I didn't try any other way. Sometimes it came up too short, and scratched in the side.

The toughest problem I had was reaching the cluster, not the angle to the cluster.

Video (30 sec):

You are the best, man....thanx for turning on your cam for us so often.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
My diamond table cloth isn't new, but not too worn either. I hit the shot easily with a stun and a little inside.

Yes, that is the shot that I hit. A stun roll out about 6" (on a straight in shot for practice). No English either way. Here is the video but you've seen it before but maybe others have not. You must have done the same thing because "stun" would be a scratch about 90 degrees.
https://youtu.be/fjEGe0_rP2k

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Of course, I meant to bust it out the way I did. Your way may be a smarter way to bust them out. Just wanted to see if anyone can do it on two rails with English.

You didn't say that in your OP. That changes things.

Maniac

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, that is the shot that I hit. A stun roll out about 6" (on a straight in shot for practice). No English either way. Here is the video but you've seen it before but maybe others have not. You must have done the same thing because "stun" would be a scratch about 90 degrees.
https://youtu.be/fjEGe0_rP2k

What? On the shot you set up "stun" or the tangent line doesnt scratch.

The shot we are talking about is left english just a hair below center cue ball.

This is not stun- follow.

Besides, the guy in the robe showed you the low outside way to hit it also.

bowiebill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
short stop level players will break the cluster up more often than not

I disagree. I’d expect skill level 5 or 6 in leagues to complete this shot at 80% or higher.

This is about the most basic rules for position play. 45 degree angle into the short rail will bring the cue across center table. Get closer to the side pockets be increasing or decreasing the angle. In this case, your angle into the short rail is probably around 30 degrees. If you want to incorporate “English” then you could use a tip of right, but you may also need to add a half tip or so of high to compensate for the shorter angle created by the right siding.

DDiabolico

DDiabolico
The shot wouldn't be easy on our club tables. Anything from stun to outside english would cause the cueball to pick up spin on the first rail (stun) and get thrown off the second rail way to high. When played with inside, the second rail would totally kill the speed of the cueball.

On a fresh table or clean cloth and decent rails, the shot is rather easy.

Another solution I tried would be high with little inside, go up table and run in the cluster from behind (short, long, short rail). This shot needs more power, but works out pretty well.

I think the best way to play it depends on the table and what you're comfortable with.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I want to see if anyone can do it one handed jacked up hopping on one leg with a patch over their dominant eye, but this thread has no direction.

You asked people if they can do it, then when they say yes you want a video, what comes after that, genealogy and DNA?

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah what’s up with all the crickets from the OP after the robed one achieved the breakout (I did the same in 2 out of three tries)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah what’s up with all the crickets from the OP after the robed one achieved the breakout (I did the same in 2 out of three tries)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stated using English is cool. I did not know it could be done. Can't be done on my table. Must use stun + a little bit of roll out.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

Video (30 sec):

Nice video and nice shot. I did not know it was possible using English but you did it. I can't do that on my table. I have to use stun + a little bit of roll out with NO English.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iusedtoberich also showed why it shouldn't be broken out. Didn't get very far after that. That 4 goes in the corner all day long.