bad experience w/ UPS

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
truly a nightmare. was paid for a cue pay pal. was asked to send UPS, a nightmare getting them to p/u package. it was paid for shipping [no insurance] by check & overcharged. customer contacted me July 31 & said he had not received it yet.
was sent July 17. called UPS several times, they told me it was lost & nothing more
could be done. BIG LOSS

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
truly a nightmare. was paid for a cue pay pal. was asked to send UPS, a nightmare getting them to p/u package. it was paid for shipping [no insurance] by check & overcharged. customer contacted me July 31 & said he had not received it yet.
was sent July 17. called UPS several times, they told me it was lost & nothing more
could be done. BIG LOSS

That's why you send USPS Express with Insurance

Sorry that the package disappeared, what cue was it? Everyone can keep an eye out for it, it's a small market

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
That's why you send USPS Express with Insurance

Sorry that the package disappeared, what cue was it? Everyone can keep an eye out for it, it's a small market

Yes, yes and yes.

Post a picture. And post one in the stolen cues thread while you're at it. It'll turn up. Check eBay current AND completed items from time to time. Would also be advantageous to file a police report...Good luck.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this.

Not purchasing insurance means you are self-insured.

The law provides that you are responsible for the package until it is in the hands of the recipient. If you don't purchase insurance, it's on you.

When I ship I over-package, over-insure, and track. I purchase the highest level of service provided by whatever shipper I use. This will gain a higher level of handling of the package.

The old saying "you get what you pay for" applies. As well as "under-promise and over-deliver".

Take responsibility and make it right, no matter what. Don't point fingers until and unless the you first point it at yourself.

Also, providing the highest level of service I can for my customer includes the support services I purchase. Skimping on shipping services is skimping on the customer.

Just the way I see it after many years in executive level management and then 11 years in the service industry with 6 of the most recent years as an entrepreneur.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Yes, yes and yes.

Post a picture. And post one in the stolen cues thread while you're at it. It'll turn up. Check eBay current AND completed items from time to time. Would also be advantageous to file a police report...Good luck.

I admire your optimisim.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the lost cue!

I think the “cool story” is because it’s confusing what the first post means. One section states paid by pp, next says paid by check and overcharged? What does “p/u” package mean?

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this.

Not purchasing insurance means you are self-insured.

The law provides that you are responsible for the package until it is in the hands of the recipient. If you don't purchase insurance, it's on you.

When I ship I over-package, over-insure, and track. I purchase the highest level of service provided by whatever shipper I use. This will gain a higher level of handling of the package.

The old saying "you get what you pay for" applies. As well as "under-promise and over-deliver".

Take responsibility and make it right, no matter what. Don't point fingers until and unless the you first point it at yourself.

Also, providing the highest level of service I can for my customer includes the support services I purchase. Skimping on shipping services is skimping on the customer.

Just the way I see it after many years in executive level management and then 11 years in the service industry with 6 of the most recent years as an entrepreneur.

Shipping high-value items is a risky activity, which is why there are products like insurance and tracking.

Shit happens in the post. You can decide to protect yourself for a little more money, or decide to take the risk. The same is true for people engaging in commercial transactions who insist on sending money via "Friends and Family" on PayPal rather than pay the small fee charged to business operations.

This thread has nothing to do with pool, which is why I posted a sarcastic comment about it.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Shipping high-value items is a risky activity, which is why there are products like insurance and tracking.

Shit happens in the post. You can decide to protect yourself for a little more money, or decide to take the risk. The same is true for people engaging in commercial transactions who insist on sending money via "Friends and Family" on PayPal rather than pay the small fee charged to business operations.

This thread has nothing to do with pool, which is why I posted a sarcastic comment about it.

So you're admittedly being sarcastic toward a guy who has a very long and respected record in the pool industry in response to him coming on here explaining how he's just lost an expensive cue. Not very nice in my opinion

As for it not having anything to do with pool I would have to disagree with you on that as well - he lost a pool cue right?

Last edited:

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not Cool

Not need to be nasty to people who are already down. Do better next time