EMILY DUDDY Professional

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The prior 2 best WPBA females barely play anymore, Fisher and Corr.

Wouldn't know who the top American female is now???

V.V. but she doesn't get to practice as much with her busy tournament promotion schedule.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody mentions this, but its hard to market Lesbians.

Lpga does ok;)
Nobody mentions it probably because its a non-issue.

Like the WNBA, most people don't care to watch a less
athletic and slower version of the NBA.

Pool viewership is very small. That small group is
even smaller when you consider the average skill
level of womens pool.

If anything watching ladies( gay or straight) who play well bending over a table to play a good game of pool is better
than watching men, just aint that many that play well.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lpga does ok;)
Nobody mentions it probably because its a non-issue.

Like the WNBA, most people don't care to watch a less
athletic and slower version of the NBA.

Pool viewership is very small. That small group is
even smaller when you consider the average skill
level of womens pool.

If anything watching ladies( gay or straight) who play well bending over a table to play a good game of pool is better
than watching men, just aint that many that play well.

The LPGA is the first thing that comes to mind, but, for many reasons its a false analogy.
The WNBA is closer, but that's a different kind of marketing and a different kind of spectator.
Corr had a spinster vibe, but she could have marketed her assests with a different attitude.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a funny thing, I have looked at quite a few lezzies over the years, most of them look just the same as straight girls. Make them all abide by a dress code as the tour made the gals do and I would bet money that nobody could tell who was gay and who wasn't just looking at them from the shoulders down.

I don't know it for a fact but I have heard that one of the best known lesbian lady players ain't, maybe she is bi, maybe she is straight and has fun with the rumors!

When homosexuals of any variety try to recruit my minor children or grandchildren I'll object most vehemently. In any other situation, who cares, and why?

Hu

Well, Hu I agree with your sentiment. Why? That's a good question. I wasn't just bringing it up to bring it up. People want to know why those early 2000's ladies didn't get the juice that J.L. gets? Duchess of Doom? Irish Invader? whos that? Black Widow? The pretty Asian gal with long hair and dresses in form fitting black patent leather. That's why. As to your tell by sight challenge? I bet you I could. (Although recent computer A.I. was able to predict Men to a 90% or so and women only %70 or so just by face. This correlates to what researchers already knew. Women's sexuality is more fluid and harder to detect because of that.)

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should do a TV show with the best female players on the planet :smile:

Average pool fans in the states prolly don't even know their names :shrug:

70140834_674228316405616_7520253698233073664_n.jpg

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fisher and Lee

Well, Hu I agree with your sentiment. Why? That's a good question. I wasn't just bringing it up to bring it up. People want to know why those early 2000's ladies didn't get the juice that J.L. gets? Duchess of Doom? Irish Invader? whos that? Black Widow? The pretty Asian gal with long hair and dresses in form fitting black patent leather. That's why. As to your tell by sight challenge? I bet you I could. (Although recent computer A.I. was able to predict Men to a 90% or so and women only %70 or so just by face. This correlates to what researchers already knew. Women's sexuality is more fluid and harder to detect because of that.)

I don't think their sexual preferences matter to many. If you are old enough to remember the cowboy movies and serials it is amazing how many of our cowboy heroes were gay, as were some of the leading heart throbs of the era. Nobody billed them as homo-sexual, just the opposite!

There were a few years where Fisher and Lee were the finals, seemingly every finals. The Duchess of Doom was promoted perhaps more heavily than The Black Widow because Allison was usually number one. Quite a few guys thought Allison was smoking hot.

The biggest reason that we know Jeanette so much better is that she tirelessly promoted herself for many years and to good effect. You rarely heard she was married, never heard about her health issues for many years. I can't imagine the torture playing pool for hours in high heels must have been.

Playing in evening gowns and high heels was ridiculous but they were trying to get air time. Can you imagine bending over to try to make a tough cut shot while wondering how much tit you are showing or if the damned camera is zoomed in on your ass again? Guys don't have these issues. I can't see promoting them as straight or lesbian, they are all women, ah, ladies! They all look the same playing pool.

Hu

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the show and I thought the pool playing was horrible. Even the thought that one game defines who is the better player makes no sense. if you claim to know how to play, when you break and make a ball in 8-ball on an 8-ft table with buckets you are supposed to get out almost every time, or at least make a couple, set balls up, break your problems, and get safe so s to make your next shot lead to a sure out. These guys/girls were getting three innings a game and missing average shots, a indicator of the overall level of play.

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll tell that to:

Kate McKinnon

Jodi Foster

Ellen Degeneres

Raven Simone

etc...

etc...

etc...

etc...

etc....

etc....

etc...

etc....
Are any of these women used to market or promote anything other than their own personal shows?

Genuine question.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Are any of these women used to market or promote anything other than their own personal shows?

Genuine question.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes. They market Hollywood and television as a whole, and that we should care in any about what that entire industry does.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think their sexual preferences matter to many. If you are old enough to remember the cowboy movies and serials it is amazing how many of our cowboy heroes were gay, as were some of the leading heart throbs of the era. Nobody billed them as homo-sexual, just the opposite!

There were a few years where Fisher and Lee were the finals, seemingly every finals. The Duchess of Doom was promoted perhaps more heavily than The Black Widow because Allison was usually number one. Quite a few guys thought Allison was smoking hot.

The biggest reason that we know Jeanette so much better is that she tirelessly promoted herself for many years and to good effect. You rarely heard she was married, never heard about her health issues for many years. I can't imagine the torture playing pool for hours in high heels must have been.

Playing in evening gowns and high heels was ridiculous but they were trying to get air time. Can you imagine bending over to try to make a tough cut shot while wondering how much tit you are showing or if the damned camera is zoomed in on your ass again? Guys don't have these issues. I can't see promoting them as straight or lesbian, they are all women, ah, ladies! They all look the same playing pool.

Hu

It doesn't matter to the general public this is true. I meant more it matters to suits who make decisions (I don't think its right). Actually George was shown and talked about several times on ESPN, and she mentions him in interviews. All I know is women who look like Shanelle Loraine can't play like Line Kjorsvik.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you sober now?

Wow where did this come from? You lost me here. Homosexual does not mean pedophile. Leave this ignorance for the npr mob

'recruit' for ?

I read your post before the edit. Figured you would edit or delete when you read the message with your wits about you. Try reading the entire post that you replied to and my other posts in this thread. Then you might grasp my position on homo-sexuality.

Hu

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now we're comparing baseball to pool and the pay each recieves?

She is so far down on the world stage it's not even funny.

Give me a break. She’s part of a series that is meant to entertain. Her professional status has nothing to do about it. You’re worse than the mysoginist that is depicted on the show. And the reason women are marginalized. Go home, have some beers and beat your wife or girlfriend.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Give me a break. She’s part of a series that is meant to entertain. Her professional status has nothing to do about it. You’re worse than the mysoginist that is depicted on the show. And the reason women are marginalized. Go home, have some beers and beat your wife or girlfriend.

Knock that PC crap off.

We are marginalizing a woman who is delusional.