Artemis K66 Rubbers vs Standard K66 Rubbers

Monkey-Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Basically, me and a couple of friends are looking to recover our table we have in our pool club. We had this done last year, with new Standard K66 rubbers and Simonis 860 cloth. The time has come when the table could do with a recover, and although the rubber we have is only 1 year old, it seems all the big tournaments/tours are using Artemis K66 rubbers.

Can anyone shed any light on the differences between the 2 and whether it would be worth forking out the extra cash for the rubbers?

tableman

Silver Member
I highly recommend the Olhausen Accu-Fast bumpers. They offer the best reaction of all bumpers and never need replacing. They are made here in U.S.A. of a rubber compound only offered by Olhausen. We stock and install these bumpers. They are only available is the K66 profile.

BFrench501

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I highly recommend the Olhausen Accu-Fast bumpers. They offer the best reaction of all bumpers and never need replacing. They are made here in U.S.A. of a rubber compound only offered by Olhausen. We stock and install these bumpers. They are only available is the K66 profile.

Not to hijack but I am in same position as Monkey-Boy, but in another part of the UK. What do the Olhausen rails cost including to UK, and are they able to be fitted to Murray or Dynamic tables?

cowboyup200560

Always lookin......
Silver Member
Sorry

I am sorry but of course tableman is going to recomend olhousen rubber because he is an olhousen dealer/installer. Don't get me wrong I think the olhousen rails play good, just not good enough to pay that kind of money for. As far as standard v/s artemis in a k66 profile. I belive the artemis plays a little faster but not that much. If it were me on my table having roughly year old rubber I would not spend the extra cash on new.

tableman

Silver Member
Actually, the fact that I'm an Olhausen dealer has nothing to do with the fact that they are by far the best bumpers on the market. I will be more than happy to refer you to a dealer in the U.K if you like. My intent on AZ is not to drum up business. It is to be of help to fellow pool enthusiasts.

tableman

Silver Member
Also, bear in mind that they NEVER have to be replaced. Try finding that in ANY other company's bumpers.

ballafish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
k55 bumpers

Hello, I have a gold crown 1 and it has the k55 profile what is a qood k55 bumper without breaking the bank? I see many to choose from all with great claims.

Allen

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Basically, me and a couple of friends are looking to recover our table we have in our pool club. We had this done last year, with new Standard K66 rubbers and Simonis 860 cloth. The time has come when the table could do with a recover, and although the rubber we have is only 1 year old, it seems all the big tournaments/tours are using Artemis K66 rubbers.

Can anyone shed any light on the differences between the 2 and whether it would be worth forking out the extra cash for the rubbers?

Actually, the fact that I'm an Olhausen dealer has nothing to do with the fact that they are by far the best bumpers on the market. I will be more than happy to refer you to a dealer in the U.K if you like. My intent on AZ is not to drum up business. It is to be of help to fellow pool enthusiasts.

There is one easy way to settle this. Go to the Ask the Mechanic forum and start a thread asking simply: "Which cushions are better, Accufast or Artemis Intercontinentals"? The responses from the experts should give you a good indication of which way to go.

Hope this helps.

Snake Plisken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, I have a gold crown 1 and it has the k55 profile what is a qood k55 bumper without breaking the bank? I see many to choose from all with great claims.

Allen

This reply is also for the op. I am not a table mechanic, but I have done a lot of research before replacing the cushions and cloth on my GC ll.

Artemis is generally regarded as the best cushions available, however, they are not considered the best bang for the buck.

Diamond does use Artemis on their 9' tables however they use Black Diamond on their 7' tables. Black Diamond has not been around as long as Artemis so itis more difficult to comment on their longevity. It is commonly thought that Black Diamond cushions are good for at least 10 years and possibly have the same longevity as Artemis.

Just about everyone I have spoken to who have played on each can not tell the difference.
I have also heard from "people in the know" that Diamond Pool Tables is considering putting the Black Diamond on their 9' tables because of the huge cost savings and the high quality of the product.

I opted for the Black Diamond on my GC ll and I have no doubt in my mind that I made the right call. For 1/3 of the price of the Artemis I think it is a no brainer. Sorry, I don't know enough about the Olhausen cushions to comment. Btw, I have no affiliation with Black Diamond Cushions.

Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I would run away from diamond barbox rails. Especially the end rails -I know that sounds crazy and maybe it's just in my head. I've played on tons of different tables and the diamond barbox rails play NOTHING like anything else out there I've seen. I've spoken with many other players who agree with me about those little diamond rails.

Baby PacMan

My bias makes me RIGHT!
Silver Member

Does Olhuasen use accufast on all their pool tables?

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Accufast vs Artemis

FYI I installed Accufast cushions on my table and used them for nearly five years then bought a nine foot Diamond Pro on which the rails had dead spots (rubber hardened). The early Diamond Pros did not come with Artemis cushions. They had a black rubber cushion of which manufacturer I don't know. I replaced them with Artemis that I bought from Diamond because they were and are regarded as the best. Having used the Artemis cushions for approx five years I have found the playability no different from one cushion to the other.

ballafish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Diamond cushions

Any other viewers that have used the Black Diamond cushions mentioned in this thread?

Like them, hate them, good value? we all cant run out and pay $300 or more for cushions I would love to but have to live within a budget.

9BallPaul

Banned
Can't speak for bang for the buck, but Artemis suits my needs perfectly. I've refitted two separate tables with them and am a satisfied customer.

sebas

Watch Out Indiana
Silver Member
Cusions

Any other viewers that have used the Black Diamond cushions mentioned in this thread?

Like them, hate them, good value? we all cant run out and pay $300 or more for cushions I would love to but have to live within a budget.

I have had and played with them all. Black Diamonds play as well.

runninracks

StrokeAholic
I have artemis on my gold crown and love it! I have also played on the diamond bar boxes with the newest black diamond cushions and do notice a slight difference.

Seems like the for general diamond systems and speed they are very similar. For banking and kicking where you need to compress the rail and shorten things up, the black shortens up a bit quicker than the artemis.