Cameras at the SBE

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides the flash, are there any restrictions on camera usage or equipment at the SBE? I'm thinking of taking my big rig with me, but if I can't use it, no use in taking it. By rig, I mean a Nikon DSLR, mono pod and 300mm f2.8 lens.

MINDSEYE153

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never had any problems in the past, just no flash use by the playing area.

Paul
<@>

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the past we were not allowed to take pics or vids in the pro arena.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Besides the flash, are there any restrictions on camera usage or equipment at the SBE? I'm thinking of taking my big rig with me, but if I can't use it, no use in taking it. By rig, I mean a Nikon DSLR, mono pod and 300mm f2.8 lens.

Hello, you are welcome to bring a camera and take pictures. We ask that no flashes be used in the Pro Arena, or in any playing area really. If the use of flashes becomes a problem, then we will have no other choice but to begin announcing that no cameras are allowed in the Pro Arena. This could happen mid-show if needed, as our intent is to keep the arena free of flash photography and if a few people are not respecting that, then our rules need to be adjusted on the go - for the sake of the players and other fans. This could be why you see opposing answers above.

In general though, yes, cameras are allowed at the show.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allen I am glad to hear this. I hope the tournament director in the pro arena read this. This is where I have had problems in the past. I do not try to film entire matches, but I do like to get several pros a little at a time.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please remember to share some of your best pictures on AZB. Many people cannot attend and appreciate them.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
300mm 2.8 is a manly lens. Well done sir. You should be able to get some interesting shots with that. If the arena is like those in the past its completely dark except for the table lights. Makes for a nice atmosphere but absolutely brutal for photos.

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Photos

I'll be there with a 70-200mm f4. ISO 800 and a little exp compensation will do the job.

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the answers. I've opted to bring my 70-200VR 2.8. Even the worst conditions, most pool halls, i don't need a flash and get some decent shots. Plus, the 70-200 will be easier to lug around and a bit more versatile. Ill gladly post up the photos when I get back from the expo. You can do a search on my username, there should be a lot of pics I've posted in the past.