wow SVB forfeits match vs Alcano

phillyviper1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie is a little heatless coward. The shot was obvious as it was in all the previous games. Ronnie jumped out his seat like a little weesle and pointed as to tell the ref look look he didn't call the shot. So call it whatever you want to . but Ronnie felt as though Shane was about to put on a package fest and with the set so Ronnie looked for a way to get the upper hand. Plan and simple. Ronnie is a weesle. What should have happened is the ref should have gave a warning and that should have been it and Ronnie should have been a man and spoke up and not let that happen. Good job Shane for unscrewing and showing Ronnie what a little weesle he truly is.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Ronnie is a little heatless coward. The shot was obvious as it was in all the previous games. Ronnie jumped out his seat like a little weesle and pointed as to tell the ref look look he didn't call the shot. So call it whatever you want to . but Ronnie felt as though Shane was about to put on a package fest and with the set so Ronnie looked for a way to get the upper hand. Plan and simple. Ronnie is a weesle. What should have happened is the ref should have gave a warning and that should have been it and Ronnie should have been a man and spoke up and not let that happen. Good job Shane for unscrewing and showing Ronnie what a little weesle he truly is.
I noticed him out his seat quickly and motioning to the ref also. Not certain but looks bad for Ronnie. Ref was forced after Ronnie's reaction! IMO

Kd

Slow_roll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the Asian culture.
Incidents can become "public" quickly and everyone wants to become part of it.

The Referee controls the match.
He is part of the match.
He enforces the rules.

Ronnie had nothing to do with enforcing the rules.

IMO the ref should play more of the spectator role and let the players play without interruptions or distractions until deemed necessary. Everyone misses out on a possible great match with stuff like this happening. Just my 2 cents.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for taking to time to explain something I already am very aware of. And thank you for not addressing the issue at hand. The issue is as follows: the ref did not call Shane on all his previous 'fouls'. Why is it so hard to grasp that when suddenly the game ball is made that a foul is called, that isn't a little bit suspicious to you? Notice Ronnie's actions and the ref's actions? That's where the problem lies. Neither of them in the previous 8 racks (foul was called in ninth game) had decided to warn or remind Shane that all shots must be called? I call shenanigans.

It appeared to me from reading some of your posts that you did not understand that in call-shot games it is normally (WPA rules) not required that a pocket be overtly designated if it is obvious. For example, in one post you said: "... Shane jumps the one in without calling it. Shoots the two without calling it. Shoots the 3 without calling it. Basically Shane didn't get called on his previous 'fouls' with the ref watching. Why suddenly on the 10 ball?" I was just letting you know about the written rule. Now you say you already knew that. If so, I guess I misread what you wrote; sorry.

And as to "the issue at hand," yes, I fully appreciate the oddity of the ref and Alcano remaining mum on the foul until the ninth game. In fact, in my post that you quoted at the top of your post #220, I said that the ref should have mentioned it to Shane the first time Shane did not call the 10-ball (if overtly calling it was the rule for this event).

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know for certain that the rules in use at this tourney are different from the WPA standardised rules? Can someone post the rules here?

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL.... again, there was no audio so how do you know that Shane was not warned earlier or did not know about the rule? Perhaps it was discussed in the player's meeting and he just had a mental lapse. What if it was Earl who forfeited the game after committing a foul? I bet some people will start singing a different tune. So SVB has to be warned first before getting penalized? Why should he given any special treatment? Where again is the proof that it was actually Alcano who called the referee's attention? From the video, it appears that it was the referee who called the error first before Alcano reacted. Another official was called and he agreed with the foul. So why should the referee and Alcano be crucified and called names for just following the rules? Some even brought past issues against Alcano (proven or otherwise) that is totally unrelated to this incident. He even was called a "molester" without knowing the facts of the case. Apparently, it was just a stunt by an ex to extort money from him immediately after he won big money in the world championships. I read that the brother of the woman confessed about the extortion attempt.

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty simple really..you either have to call it or you don't. If it's call the shot...then he fouled if he didn't call it. Pool rules are pretty lame tho,so who the hell knows:confused: John B.

:scratchhead:

How is that a foul in ten ball? He made a good hit without scratching.

Shouldn't the ten be spotted and the incoming player has choice whether to shoot it or not?

It's the same as making the ten in the wrong pocket........

Henry W

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally I don't like the call but I really don't think a big deal needs to be made of it. Shane's not blowing up about it and I'm sure he's not hating Alcano over it. I've seen it called on Earls opponent before and Earl refused to take it.

Seems like everytime someone changes the rules in 9 ball the game gets worse. Here we have a rule where a player runs out makes the 10 ball and loses. Great rule.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like everytime someone changes the rules in 9 ball the game gets worse. Here we have a rule where a player runs out makes the 10 ball and loses. Great rule.

I still think the ref made a bad call.

I think the ten should of been spotted.

I never heard of an automatic loss of game except in

eight ball in TAP or APA league....LOL!

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I still think the ref made a bad call.

I think the ten should of been spotted.

I never heard of an automatic loss of game except in

eight ball in TAP or APA league....LOL!

How could the ball be spotted when SVB already conceded the game and unscrewed his cue?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you have to call the 10 ball and he didn't call it then it's a foul.
Not usually. I think it's just a mis-pocketed ball. Alcano's choice to pass or not after the 10 is spotted. Unless the rules for that tournament are really, really screwed up on not just minorly screwed up.

John Brumback

Silver Member
:scratchhead:

How is that a foul in ten ball? He made a good hit without scratching.

Shouldn't the ten be spotted and the incoming player has choice whether to shoot it or not?

It's the same as making the ten in the wrong pocket........

Well played Sir:thumbup: I shouldn't have commented as I even don't know all them rules.Wow! they just keep coming up with new ones. John B.

All i know is when they tell me I have to call the shot...guess what?.... I call it:wink:

Bet I could go over there to a golf tournament and not even have to go to the players meeting,buts that's golf:embarrassed2:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes good point it is not foul just respot 10 and ronnie shoots CB where Shane left it
Did not see video replay - anyone saw where CB landed and is it easy shot for Ronnie?

Anyway update for Shaneistas :)
Shane won 1st match on losers side v Angelo Ariola
In about 30 mins (1am EST) from now he plays Sean Mark Malayan . if he wins he plsys 2 hrs after that (3am EST) he plays final losers match v Christian Gariando . If he wins all matches he gets into last 32. If he loses any match he is out
Many of these Filipinos are unheard of but they are monsters . They are out to gather big name scalps so but names like Shane should not underestimate them :)
Here are the brackets
http://media.wix.com/ugd/3d75fb_b41f024a8f4b4b33860b549fdbb8c5be.xls?dn="MP CUP GENSAN SINGLES.xls"

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes good point it is not foul just respot 10 and ronnie shoots CB where Shane left it
Did not see video replay - anyone saw where CB landed and is it easy shot for Ronnie?

In about 30 mins (1am EST) from now he plays Sean Mark Malayan . if he wins he plsys 2 hrs after that (3am EST) he plays final losers match v Christian Gariando . If he wins all matches he gets into last 32. If he loses any match he is out
Many of these Filipinos are unheard of but they are monsters . They are out to gather big name scalps so but names like Shane should not underestimate them :)
Here are the brackets
http://media.wix.com/ugd/3d75fb_b41f024a8f4b4b33860b549fdbb8c5be.xls?dn="MP CUP GENSAN SINGLES.xls"
:thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p9ZrFBWjrKk#t=5100

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I have never heard of it played this way. This is not a foul. The ten spots.

I must be using the term "foul" differently than others. By a foul I mean an infraction of the rules. If you are supposed to call the 10 ball but don't, then you haven't abided by the rules.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here are the brackets

I agree. Based on these results, Corteza was defeated by DATOON and Bustamante suffered his first loss against JUDY VILLANUEVA. Certainly never heard of those names before.

0 AM GAME RESULTS
PAGULAYAN - 9 vs GALLEGO - 5
CHUA - 3 vs. BIADO - 9
CUÑA - 9 vs. IGNACIO - 3
CAMOMOT - 3 vs. GAMAS - 9
LIM WEI KOK - 2 vs. BAUTISTA - 9
REBONG - 9 vs. NATIVIDAD - 5
F. BUSTAMANTE - 7 vs. VILLANUEVA - 9
ALCANO - 9 vs. PUNZALAN - 7
A. BAUTISTA - 6 vs. GOMEZ - 9
CORTEZA - 7 vs. DATOON - 9