Billiard University (BU) playing-ability-exam scores and ratings

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting Ken Cileli
Agreed. With a little more dedicated practice with the Exam, he definitely has a chance to threaten a perfect score.

Good luck this weekend. I look forward to seeing your score continue to rise.

Catch you later,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Didn't have time to run through the Exam on Sunday. I'll work on it Wednesday and this coming Sunday.
You've got me inspired to start working hard on the Exam again too. The 91 is going to be tough for me to beat, but I will give it my best.

Catch you later,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I might have to use up some vacation just to spend time on this exam. My table may be too tough but I'll give it my best.
I almost feel guilty watching you shoot on your tough 10' table, when I'm shooting on my easy 9' table, but the guilty feelings don't last long. :)

Good luck,
Dave

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I almost feel guilty watching you shoot on your tough 10' table, when I'm shooting on my easy 9' table, but the guilty feelings don't last long. :)

Good luck,
Dave

I've decided to spend 60-90 minutes every morning Monday - Friday working on Exam 1 before I go to work. After work i should be able to get 60-90 minutes 2-3 times/week and Saturday/Sunday will be marathons when I'm not away from home. It will be interesting to see how much my game improves over the next 39 days. Cheers!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've decided to spend 60-90 minutes every morning Monday - Friday working on Exam 1 before I go to work. After work i should be able to get 60-90 minutes 2-3 times/week and Saturday/Sunday will be marathons when I'm not away from home. It will be interesting to see how much my game improves over the next 39 days. Cheers!
I'm glad to hear it.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with more dedicated practice,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a 93. Here's the video:

Dr. Dave - Exam I video - 93

Now I'm inspired to try to catch Lee, who is currently in 1st with a 95.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice job Dave. Awesome shooting!
Thanks. This was the first time I had no misses on the draw drill. The 19 out of 20 was also my best score ever on the wagon wheel drill. I used to think I would never get a perfect score on the wagon drill, but now I think I can do it.

On the last drill, I’ve practiced the draw shot to target position 2 using two approaches: drawing straight to the target like you and others do, and using a firm stroke with left to go off two rails. I always do better with the second approach, but I still need to practice that some more.

Is that a REVO shaft?
Yes it is. 12.4. I’ve been playing with the Revo for over a year now. Before that, I used a Z2 for many years.

Catch You later,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's always fun to get a PR. Way to go!

I've updated the info on the first page of the thread, and I've added it to the $4000 Billiard University (BU) Exam I 100 Challenge page. Please PM or e-mail me your name to list on the challenge page instead of "AZB peppersauce," especially if you think you have a chance to improve your score into the top 3.

Now let's see how high you can push the score with some dedicated practice,
Dave

https://youtu.be/xMjhwYOZfYA

76...bummer.

I finally set my table back up and started working on the different parts of exam 1. This was my first run at the whole exam since I got that last 76 without a video. I really thought I’d do better after a little practice, and I did on the wagon wheel, but I dogged some other drills.

Anyway I thought I’d go ahead and upload it since I didn’t have a vid for the other 76. I muted a lot of the vid to spare you my foul language, poor commentary, and worse singing. :lol:

Edit: I miscounted! I just rewatched the vid and I scored 8 on the 5th drill, not 7. So my score is actually 77! New personal best!! :happydance: