Up to $1,000 pays 3 spots
Up to $1,500 pays 4 spots
Up to $2,500 pays 6 spots

$2501 and above pays 8 spots

Last edited:

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
Wow, everyone sure is quiet. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about the last event in August?

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
Where is Hawley's?

maphawleys.jpg
[/IMG]
Exit Preston off of 635 go North turn left on Alpha!:thumbup:
maphawleys2.jpg
[/IMG]

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
From what I've heard on the sidelines there are guys coming from the cajun country and way down south.

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
Just added, A minimum of $300 will be added now with 32 players. There is also a Calcutta with a $20 minimum according to the tournament director.

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
Friday Night at 9:00 on the 12th:

If anyone is interested in a 7 ahead set for $1,000 or more pm me so I can pass on the info to the tournament director.

KingCobra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would play in this event but i dont stand a chance in a open event, The last 2 means nothing to me if i am playing someone like chen's speed if he can get to the table it does not matter lol.( I would need 2 games on the wire )

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
ummmm

:grin: :D :p :p :rolleyes: That is why the event is the same week as Fast Eddies. So it's an open event with the better players being out of town.:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:(at least that is what Hawley's is trying to accomplish)

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
??????????

cmuniz83 said:
:grin: :D :p :p :rolleyes: That is why the event is the same week as Fast Eddies. So it's an open event with the better players being out of town.:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Who is the tournament director?

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
My boyfriend. I think you last referred to him as your buddy. I'm taking up pool and helping him out on here in return for entry fees.:eek: :D

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Zach Ballas?

cmuniz83 said:
My boyfriend. I think you last referred to him as your buddy. I'm taking up pool and helping him out on here in return for entry fees.:eek: :D

Zach Ballas?? I was being sarcastic. I'll pass.

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
Well last month was the 1st one and he had 23 players and paid out nearly $1800 so I think that's a good start. Let's keep the personal stuff out of this. Everyone knows you both don't care for one anther, so move on he has.

Thanks,

Cynthia Muniz Castillo

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
cmuniz83 said:
That is why the event is the same week as Fast Eddies. So it's an open event with the better players being out of town.

As far as I know, the Fast Eddie's tournament is not this same weekend. :confused:

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
Just to clarify the rumors before they start. Zach got drunk on the Thursday night before his last tournament at J R Pockets. He was rude and belligerent and got in an argument with the bartender (basically made an ass of himself), but I still love him. It wasn't the first time Zach had been drunk like that up there so enough was enough and that is why he wasn't allowed back into JR's. He's regretted it, but has moved on. He had 22 shots in his system that night, I would say that's a bit much, but everything that happened was his fault and he has admitted full responsibility.

Just like people calling Kennan and telling him that Zach was talking crap about him, which was a lie. Then on top of that supposedly when Zach called everyone telling them about the new tournament at Hawley's some people called and told Kennan that he was telling everyone the tournament was cancelled, which again was not true. Zach takes pride in his events and even though he isn't running it anymore(the name change and tournament director change) he always told everyone even though it wasn't his anymore he could always acknowledge the fact that he built it to the point it was at when he was asked not to come back. 16 to 37 players in four months is pretty good. That’s the truth. I have no reason to lie, and I've been there by his side through the whole situation.

Zach also made comments to people regarding the fact that he got phone calls from friends on a Tuesday night stating that new flyers had been made and the tournament director's name and name of the tournament had been changed. Zach had no idea what was going on and was trying to find out, but that is the way it happened. If that is trash talking then maybe he did, but it was the truth.

Last edited:

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
Thank you

akaTrigger said:
As far as I know, the Fast Eddie's tournament is not this same weekend. :confused:

I'm sorry I may have made a mistake:

It was the same time as Amarillo last month. It is just what he is trying to do. So he doesn't have to run another handicap tournament. Sometimes it will be and sometimes it won't be. He actaully wishes he could go to Fast Eddies more often, but he is running that other tournament on Sundays now. So it makes it hard for him to get out of town.

Even if Robert, Chen, TJ, and Gordy(Just to name a few) are at the tournament it'll be okay. Everyone plays even against them at great events like Fast Eddies! Yes, I know the names. It's all he ever talks about.

Last edited:

Captain K.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cmuniz83 said:
Just to clarify the rumors before they start. Zach got drunk on the Thursday night before his last tournament at J R Pockets. He was rude and belligerent and got in an argument with the bartender (basically made an ass of himself), but I still love him. It wasn't the first time Zach had been drunk like that up there so enough was enough and that is why he wasn't allowed back into JR's. He's regretted it, but has moved on. He had 22 shots in his system that night, I would say that's a bit much, but everything that happened was his fault and he has admitted full responsibility.

Just like people calling Kennan and telling him that Zach was talking crap about him, which was a lie. Then on top of that supposedly when Zach called everyone telling them about the new tournament at Hawley's some people called and told Kennan that he was telling everyone the tournament was cancelled, which again was not true. Zach takes pride in his events and even though he isn't running it anymore(the name change and tournament director change) he always told everyone even though it wasn't his anymore he could always acknowledge the fact that he built it to the point it was at when he was asked not to come back. 16 to 37 players in four months is pretty good. That?s the truth. I have no reason to lie, and I've been there by his side through the whole situation.
Howdy, some of your facts are incorrect, he purchased 8 drinks at JRs and gave out 5 of the 8 he purchased. He only drank three drinks at JR pockets, As far as speaking to me he has not, just a couple of texts, very personable. Gale Gladden started the once a month tournament at Jrs and yes Zach did a wonderful job in promoting the JR Pockets monthly tournament. I know I was their each time nad have been thier each time Zach got out of hand, It was good that Brandon was able to drive him home that night.
I am not going to continue arguing symantics over what has happened.
Zach knows full well what he has done
My number and email and where I am at has not changed in over 11 years
easy to get a hold of, please get him to a 12 step or at least AA
Black outs and consquenses from drinking are a signs of addiction.
Good luck
Hope you have great turn outs for the Hawly's Tournament
Kennan Keffer

cmuniz83

Short But Feisty
Silver Member
Actually Gale and Zach started the tournament together according to him, but that was the first time around like two years ago, which really never amounted to anything.

Zach's drinks are doubles and he bought 3 at JR's, and Brandon bought him one because of the "drinking one in less than 30 seconds bet". Then he bought Brandon a drink, and Drew two which he didn't recall, and another guy who he played eight ball against with a straw, pen, and butt end of a cue. (I would say that's being pretty drunk) Either way it is over and done with and things can't be changed.

As far as that night goes The bartender was told by Zach that he had been drinking before he got there at league that is why the bartender had Zach's key as soon as he walked in the door. Oh well this is a tournament thread so much for that. Zach drinks (to the point where he is drunk) maybe three or 4 times a year tops (As his girlfriend of 2 1/2 years I have never seen him drunk before that night.) He was still drunk the next morning 9 hours later.

I wouldn't call that an addiction. I would call it just get really messed up.

Oh and Zach never drinks when he runs a tournament since for some reason people thought he was running a tournament when all of this occurred.

Captain K.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cmuniz83 said:
Actually Gale and Zach started the tournament together according to him, but that was the first time around like two years ago, which really never amounted to anything.

Zach's drinks are doubles and he bought 3 at JR's, and Brandon bought him one because of the "drinking one in less than 30 seconds bet". Then he bought Brandon a drink, and Drew two which he didn't recall, and another guy who he played eight ball against with a straw, pen, and butt end of a cue. (I would say that's being pretty drunk) Either way it is over and done with and things can't be changed.

As far as that night goes The bartender was told by Zach that he had been drinking before he got there at league that is why the bartender had Zach's key as soon as he walked in the door. Oh well this is a tournament thread so much for that. Zach drinks (to the point where he is drunk) maybe three or 4 times a year tops (As his girlfriend of 2 1/2 years I have never seen him drunk before that night.) He was still drunk the next morning 9 hours later.

I wouldn't call that an addiction. I would call it just get really messed up.

Oh and Zach never drinks when he runs a tournament since for some reason people thought he was running a tournament when all of this occurred.
Well like I said I am not going to argue symantics or he said she said, in twenty plus years of heavy and I do mean heavy drinking, I have never blacked out. 12 step helped me, I am just saying it only takes one blackout and bam\crash there goes someones loved one. As you stated 3-4 times a year: is it really worth the risk.
As you said it is a post, you can always use the PM function.
Good luck in the future and tournaments
If you or Zack want to speak to me he has my contact info.
Kennan Keffer