Dress Code for Gold Crown Billiards, Erie, PA

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a dress code for 32 years and have had to update it periodically to address the latest offensive or disrespectful fad. This year it was pajama bottoms.

Attachments

• Dress Code.jpg
    Dress Code.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 8,563

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the pics of your room. I was near there visiting my in laws this weekend and was considering stopping by and checking it out. I'm glad I didn't. I wear gym shorts in the summer and sweat pants in the winter to play pool, as it is what is comfortable for me to play in. I would have been quite upset to drive 45 min and not be able to play because I am wearing jogging pants.

If it works for you, more power to you sir. If you've been doing it for 32 years, I guess something is working.

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
Good things the pool hall I went to in NC didn't have these rules, it would be empty...

Especially the men in tank tops... The Gym shorts... The torn clothing... Sweat pants... I don't even think the owner would be allowed in, or any of the bartenders :)

And, they encouraged the women to have "open shirts" :)

Brian

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I applaud you sir! If you tell me you also disallow obnoxious music, I may just move to PA. :thumbup:

There is no obnoxious, vulgar, nasty trash from the juke box. It has all been censored out (gangsta rap etc). Move to Erie. We have the finest, friendliest poolroom customers that you could imagine.

lstevedus

One of the 47%
Silver Member
Way to Go Paul !

Wish I lived close to you so I could play at your place. Pool needs more like you. It proves you can have a decent place and still be successful.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Paul,

Glad to see your dress code. In Vegas, most anything goes. Pool Sharks has a sign at the door about any kind of "gang" colors and various headwear. They actually have a doorman (nights) whose job it is to ask the mis-dressed to change or leave. I'm not asking for a return to shirt and tie days but the cloths some young people wear is disgusting. And it's not just the guys. One young Asian lady had a fcuk shirt on last night at the pool room. Am I missing something? Am I just too old to understand? Possibly both?

Lyn

OUSooner

Known Fish
Silver Member
I don't know if I'd want to go there or not. With all the flying cueballs Paul has described in his past posts it must be like a warzone.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
I'm 64 years old and wouldn't be caught dead dressing in most of the items listed on your sign, but I've got to say that list is absolutely ridiculous. Why don't you just ask everyone to wear tuxedos... It isn't 1950 anymore.

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
I don't know that asking to be dressed decent is asking to much. Not sure about the sweats though. Some of the womens sweat suits sure are fine.
Keeping your joint decent is why you have made it for so long.
Congrats.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Good for you Paul. If some hip hopper came in to the old hall I played at with a side ways hat, one of the owners would walk up to him and turn it proper, and tell him that if he sees it going sideways again, he will be leaving the hall.

Baby PacMan

My bias makes me RIGHT!
Silver Member
I took a page out of Irving Crane's book, you'll never see me near a pool table without a suit, even at home. Anything less would be uncivilized.