An Actual "Billiard Hall of Fame"

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know we're not Cooperstown, but i'm curious.

What should we do to create an actual Billiard Hall of Fame?

Where/why/what city should it be housed?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Mr Bond HAS to be part of this.

...I see what you mean....our halls of fame are 'in' things....
...we need one that becomes known to the general public.

Hopefully, cue makers would be part of that....
...Buss and Gutierrez made cues for the Smithsonian (I believe)....
...the cues went straight into storage and have never been viewed.

...we need a cue-rator

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a gentleman, whose name escapes me, but I think he's from Texas. Diana knows who it is. His father recently passed away.

He stated a few years ago that he wanted to create a museum of sorts with pool paraphernalia and collections he gathered over the years. I think his first name is Denny.

He might be a good one to contact for something like this. :)

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
His name-

There is a gentleman, whose name escapes me, but I think he's from Texas. Diana knows who it is. His father recently passed away.

He stated a few years ago that he wanted to create a museum of sorts with pool paraphernalia and collections he gathered over the years. I think his first name is Denny.

I was just thinking since the lid is off of the box...

Joe Montesana, curates The Gamblers Museum.

And Mr. Bond of course is and will be part of this-I don't know if a Billiards Museum should house The Billiards Hall of Fame. Should it?

While gambling is the "sexy" part of the game, it is not the only part of it, cues for sure!

My questions were aimed specifically at AzB'r's and their thoughts.
Hope you're both doing well :)

Last edited:

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Denny Glenn Jam. He and his brothers have quite a collection and probably the largest high end cue collection in the United States. Their Fathers name was Pete and I am sure Keith ran into him somewhere along the line. Pete played good bank pool well into his 80's.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where would the ongoing rent come from for a separate building? Would you coordinate with the BCA and bring in all the HOF'rs already enshrined or is this to compete with them for purposes of barring Vivian? LOL

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Denny Glenn Jam. He and his brothers have quite a collection and probably the largest high end cue collection in the United States. <--I would say, in the world! Their Fathers name was Pete and I am sure Keith ran into him somewhere along the line. Pete played good bank pool well into his 80's.

I spoke to Denny and Del a year or so ago, John..According to Steve Glenn, they are in no rush, and are looking for property in Vegas to buy, or build, a large combination night club and pool room, in which they want to include an upscale 'Billiard Hall of Fame'..They certainly have a huge head start already..They have cuesticks, balls, and misc. paraphenalia, signed by almost every name player of
the last 60 yrs.

PS..They even have quite a few signed 'no name' player's sticks! (like mine) ;)

Last edited:

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You may not be aware that at Snookers in Providence, RI is the New England Pool and Billiards Hall of Fame. As far as I know Tom McGonagle is the "curator". It's pretty cool. This might provide some groundwork to go on?

KMRUNOUT

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like Philly would be fitting. I kinda see Mosconi as the Babe Ruth of pool.
I also wouldnt object to Baltimore ��, ya know since we already have the Babe Ruth birthplace and museum lol.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where would the ongoing rent come from for a separate building? Would you coordinate with the BCA and bring in all the HOF'rs already enshrined or is this to compete with them for purposes of barring Vivian? LOL

Vivian isn't a BCA HOFer; she's anWPB HOFer.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Since the BCA Hall of Fame activities is lead by Mike P., it feels like Chicago is the right city.

Freddie

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lol

No,

I will always honor what came before for it's place in history.

Anything that happens to Vivian will be by her own hand.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes!

You may not be aware that at Snookers in Providence, RI is the New England Pool and Billiards Hall of Fame. As far as I know Tom McGonagle is the "curator". It's pretty cool. This might provide some groundwork to go on?

KMRUNOUT

I've heard very nice things about it, but I've never been :eek:

Drexeline Billiards and Illinois Billiard Club also have memorabelia-

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard very nice things about it, but I've never been :eek:

Drexeline Billiards and Illinois Billiard Club also have memorabelia-

One thing you can bet on for sure CP, if/when the Glenn's HOF becomes a reality, it will definitely be a 1st class operation! :cool:
Vegas may not be centrally located, but it has certainly, by far, seen the most hi $$$ pool action in recent years! :thumbup:

Last edited: