Action

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane and Darren Appleton matched up last night. Playing 10 ahead, started about 11:00 last night. Match ended about 1/2 hr ago...

Shane takes the cash after a 12 hour grind.

Don't know what the individual bet was, but there was 30 K total on the light. SO much $$$$, the light was tilting from the weight.

The room was PACKED, couldn't turn sideways in there.

Rick S.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, you sure know how to get my attention with the one-word title of this thread! :D

Thanks for the updates. Keep 'em coming! And most importantly, enjoy your DCC experience. I'm looking forward to seeing some great pics! :p

JAM

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Pictures of said light.
DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

Both players played great. Some of the best 8 ball I have ever seen. And it was nowhere near $30,000 trust me. A big set, but no way that big.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to see a money match between Shane and Dennis Orcullo. Maybe this will happen before the tournament ends.

cheesemouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
f210 said:
I want to see a money match between Shane and Dennis Orcullo. Maybe this will happen before the tournament ends.

That would suprise me if they did match up. Shane is not only a great young player but he is a smart match maker and Dennis is not a smart match; even getting weight. Shane might win and then what?

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like the action in the States is not as easy as Darren thought. First Chavez in NYC and now Shane at the DCC!

cheemagun

gettin there...
Silver Member
VIProfessor said:
It looks like the action in the States is not as easy as Darren thought. First Chavez in NYC and now Shane at the DCC!

I think his break is well below standards for his level.

MFB

Just a User
Silver Member
JCIN said:
Both players played great. Some of the best 8 ball I have ever seen. And it was nowhere near $30,000 trust me. A big set, but no way that big.

That couldn't be 300 C-notes as pictured?:confused:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

that is soooo funny....what you said about the light tilting from the weight of the $$$$$$$$......

almer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
f210 said:
Shane played dennis once with a spot and didnt like it

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I just got back and I was told by the "treasurer" of the set that there was 23k total bet. I was sitting right beside Cornerman and he heard the amount first hand as well. Regardless, that is a hell of a lot of cheese.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
VIProfessor said:
I was backing Hennessee the other night and they put Yannick Beaufils (sp) on him playing 8 ball. After Jon beat him playing 8 ball we settled on a game getting 2 games on the wire to 11 playing Appleton some 8 ball. Hennessee won both races 11-8 then 11-7. Total bet on those sets including the rail was over 10k and the sets were only 1k each.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
MFB said:
That couldn't be 300 C-notes as pictured?:confused:
If it was then somebody switched it with some 20's between us taking it off the light and counting it up in the room.

It was a good size set. Who the hell knows how much was bet total? I do KNOW what came off the light.

In other news, Bartrum played Dennis Orcullo again tonight. This time with the 7. Same result, he didn't like it. Dennis is a monster.

Last edited: