Is the playing difference between 314-2 and 314 -3 so big and really 100$ more worth?

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
Is the playing difference between the 314-2 shaft and the new 314 -3 so big and really 100$ more worth?!

Hi guys, even at Seyberts you will pay around 300$ (or more) for that shaft! So please let me know what justifies such a price difference!

But please don't let me read the High Tech "Bullshit" like PREDATOR does. By trying hard to make us believe, that they reinvented the Pool Shaft! That the 314-3 will for sure extremely improve your game and of course there are also the 99.9% less deflection on the CB!

Who has already some years of playing experiences with 314-2 shafts and plays now with a 314-3 and what is your true opinion about it?

Btw, same question regarding the differences between the Z2, the newer S-Tuned Z2 and the very new Z3?! (The price differences here are also significant)

Thx for your honest answers, Al Capool

Last edited:

hboat333

Registered
I am a huge fan of Seybert's S-tuned Z2. It's a wonderful shaft. I made the following comments in a different thread;
----------
I'm currently trying to adapt to a 314-3. I like the crisp hit--good feedback--and good energy transfer. I've been a huge fan of Seybert's S-tuned Z2. It's a Z2 w/ the original tip diameter, but it's turned down to a pro taper (I'm guessing 12-14") before it returns to it's original conical taper. Rick at Seybert's does 1st class, excellent work. This Z2 has less squirt and spins the ball better than anything I've ever hit with. I use Kamui tan hards on mine. I'm auditioning the 314-3 in an effort to eliminate swerve from my game due to my poor stroke mechanics. I've got a long. swoopy stoke, am a perennial elbow dropper and get too much unwanted english in my game. I like the 314'3's hit, but it's got a significantly greater amount of squirt that Seybert's Z2.

Last edited:

theone77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
314-3 have a crispier hit and better hit than 2nd gen.. almost same now with OB classic pro

Is the playing difference between the 314-2 shaft and the new 314 -3 so big and really 100$ more worth?!

Hi guys, even at Seyberts you will pay around 300$ (or more) for that shaft! So please let me know what justifies such a price difference!

But please don't let me read the High Tech "Bullshit" like PREDATOR does. By trying hard to make us believe, that they reinvented the Pool Shaft! That the 314-3 will for sure extremely improve your game and of course there are also the 99.9% less deflection on the CB!

Who has already some years of playing experiences with 314-2 shafts and plays now with a 314-3 and what is your true opinion about it?

Btw, same question regarding the differences between the Z2, the newer S-Tuned Z2 and the very new Z3?! (The price differences here are even higher!)

Thx for your honest answers, Al Capool

fram6878

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one of the new 314-3 shafts. It feels like the taper is different. Makes it more stiff. It doesn't even feel like a pro taper. I like the 314-2 taper better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

8ballsNquarters

Registered
I've shot with the 2nd gens for a few years now and while it may be the tips, I found the 3rd gens to be a lot more responsive and give much better shot feedback. I just like the hit and the feel so much more. They do seem a little stiffer and beefier though but it doesn't bother me. My z2 has a worn kamui tip but the hit just feels dead compared to the new ones. Was considering swapping my z2 for one of the on-sale 314-2s but I have a 314 on my other cue and I think I'm gonna take the jump to the 3rd gen.

To me the difference is worth the hundred bucks. For something I'll be playing with 4-8 hours a week for the next 5 years or so...it's about a nickel a day..