The most common weightbolt?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disregarding the material used, I'm wondering what the most common weight bolt is as far as diameter, pitch and thread. Im also wondering what the most common weight bolt _should_ be as far as availability, I assume it would be a under a ISO (A ball M10x1.5 or something like that).

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
O K. thanks. 1 of Butte uses those now (Pechauer or Lucasi) and I can get them from just about anywhere (Lowes, Home Depot, etc. .). Would snooker cues or cues of other origins have a similar common denominator but in metric?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Viking and I believe Joss currently use shoulder-less "1/2-13" threads that require a 1/4 inch hex driver...but they haven't always (2nd pic). They can be stacked and moved further in/out (forward/rearward). Others like McDermott I believe use same thread size but use an actual bolt with a head so you may need to swap one length for another to change weight (first pic).

You can google all this too.

Attachments

• mcdermott-weight-bolt-300x300.png
    mcdermott-weight-bolt-300x300.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 199
  • ozonepark_2465_793373311__14522_1490639033.jpg
    ozonepark_2465_793373311__14522_1490639033.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Weight bolts, which I am not a fan of, should be headless and weigh no more than 1/4 oz.
This allows you to position the bolts in the cored cue butt to balance & distribute the weight
versus just screwing a 1/2 , 3/4 or .....OMG....1 oz bolt, or heavier, in the cored butt. Frankly,
I prefer having no weight bolt like the last custom Bob made for me. It is cored to accept one
if desired. I requested a 14.5 ounce butt wt. & he made the butt 14.55 oz & 4.1 oz shafts.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Weight bolts, which I am not a fan of, should be headless and weigh no more than 1/4 oz.
This allows you to position the bolts in the cored cue butt to balance & distribute the weight
versus just screwing a 1/2 , 3/4 or .....OMG....1 oz bolt, or heavier, in the cored butt. Frankly,
I prefer having no weight bolt like the last custom Bob made for me. It is cored to accept one
if desired. I requested a 14.5 ounce butt wt. & he made the butt 14.55 oz & 4.1 oz shafts.
I have mosty Viking cues. They use shoulderless bolts so I have dropped a wood dowel in ahead of them to tighten against if I want the weight(s) more rearward.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk