Jacoby Custom Cues

asianevil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm seeing a lot of Jacoby Cues in the For Sale section.

My question is whether the cue aren't as good as people think they are and they are turning around and re-selling them?

Or is there an over-abundance of Jacoby cues out there?

Having said that, I have never hit with a Jacoby Cue and I'm not being critical of them. Looking for insight on my personal observation.

Anyone else?

porper-sig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite a few out there, the collector may avoid em?? They just don't
Look that sweet to me. Rather have a Schon or Mezz..

Last edited:

Wally83

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played with the jacoby edge hybrid shaft for almost 2 years now and absolutely love it, I recently won a new jacoby cue in a raffle, it's sharp and I've played with it a little and it plays well I'm just waiting for my new edge shaft for it then will use it more, IMO they are a quality cue maker with both traditional and more exotic designs that are trying to relate with everyone's likes

bflojosh

The sneakiest sneaky
Silver Member
I have dealt with them often over the years and they are indeed nice people and great to work with. They stand by their work. The cues are well made and hit very well.

nme007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby cue

I have owned quite a few of them and still have a couple of them in my collection. They hit really nice IMO and I will always maintain one for a player to let my friends try them out. Considering the prices on them, you can get some really nice designs and sharp points for not much more than some of the CNC cues out there. Nothing bad to say about them from me but I have had a couple of people say that the handle was a little skinnier than what they are used to. Wasn't noticeable to me.

VegasSucks

Registered
I just picked one up for basically half-price from what the company originally priced it at. I'm am NO expert, but in my opinion it was well worth the price. I've played with a few cues in the past and this one is one of the best i've used. It has a wood/wood joint and I am used to a mostly metal joint, so expectedly the hit is a little soft, but still nice and solid. I have an extensive background in wood working and other intricate skilled trades so I have inspected the workmanship very closely. Is it perfect? No. Nothing is. But it is extremely well made, finish is flawless, no wavy or inconsistent points or gaps or anything, quality wood... Just a really nice cue and I am pleased.

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
I play with a Jacoby custom built to my specs and love it they nailed the weight and balance point exactly and as i am playing with a light cue it had to be done without a weight bolt using the joint design and materials of my choice which is no small feat. They are great to deal with and build a quality cue. I know what i want in a cue in all regards so i could order a cue anywhere and if it matched my specs would play well, the problem would be to find someone willing to do exactly what i wanted. That said they did and for a reasonable price. I wouldn't trade mine even for any cue made unless to sell the traded for cue and have another just like mine made by Dave and Brandon. The key to buying a cue is to know exactly what you want from a playability standpoint then you can get the best cue made for you.

1enick72

Registered
I bought my first Jacoby from David in 2003. I was playing with a cue that the finish was coming off around the rings for no real reason. When I showed it to David he told me "If anything like this ever happens to the cue you buy from me send it back and I'll make it right". I have never had any issues and feel that the cue plays much like a Schon. I bought another Jacoby 2 years ago and love that one too. I do have one of mine up for sale now only because I had an opportunity to get an Ariel Carmeli and now just have to get rid of something. They are great cues and great people as others have said. They are not what I would consider collector cues but great playing cues that are hand built here in the USA.

billabong_1004

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby cues are awesome. Made to perfection, and shoots solid too.

My best buddy and I shoot with a jacoby and we both love them.

I had mine custom designed, and considering how crazy I went with the design and inlays, the price was very reasonable and quality is top notch. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361250535.649130.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361250554.774860.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361250570.302997.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361250589.802703.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361250603.078296.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361250615.542400.jpg

Pooljunky0331

Billabong.... Wow! That is an awesome
Cue! I too have a custom jacoby with an
Alligator skin wrap, it's awesome. I love this
Particular cue first time I tried it out I ran a rack
Of 9 ball, as for how it compares to others it's not
The arrow, it's the Indian but a Jacoby sure helps:smile:

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 3 Jacoby cues and I was selling the most valuable one I had to have them make me another. I can't see anything wrong with them other than they don't sell very well. But I guess nothing else does either unless you have it priced way too low!

tbos33

Registered
I have 3 Jacoby cues and I was selling the most valuable one I had to have them make me another. I can't see anything wrong with them other than they don't sell very well. But I guess nothing else does either unless you have it priced way too low!

Thumbs up! You cannot get a better cue for the money. You probably will not get a better cue if you pay more. They are just solid cues. I have a collection and I would only sell one to get another Jacoby.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Jacoby first started building cues I did not care for them. Back then, I didn't care for the designs they were producing and I didn't think the finish was very good. Now I have a completely different opinion of their cues. Their designs are much nicer and their finish is now flawless. I just bought a new Jacoby and I really like it. Not only is it beautiful it is absolutely perfect in execution. The cue plays very solid somewhat similar to a Schon. I had considered buying a Mezz cue but a local dealer talked me out if it. He said the Mezz wouldn't be worth anything after I bought it. Besides, the Jacoby had spliced sharp points and the Mezz had pantographed points that did not come to a sharp point. The Jacoby was a much better looking cue. I, myself, have built cues for twenty years and I would put the quality of the Jacoby cues up there with the best. Jacoby has come a long ways since they first started. Good cues for the right price. Pretty hard to beat that.