Just need to vent

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Sorry everyone, just need to vent for a second...

IT IS NOT A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Mike

Banks

Banned
Hater.....

This World Championship won't stay afloat if people don't get on board. I heard that they spent hundreds of thousands on it already. CW worked tirelessly through lunch to figure out which 99 American players were to make the top 100, too. Apparently, he left out Dechaine.. says it was an accident or something. :eek:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This World Championship won't stay afloat if people don't get on board. I heard that they spent hundreds of thousands on it already. CW worked tirelessly through lunch to figure out which 99 American players were to make the top 100, too. Apparently, he left out Dechaine.. says it was an accident or something. :eek:

Reeee-diculous, it is a frigging WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
judah-postercropped.jpg

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Not to start any trouble but what do you feel is needed to make something a world championship,
besides "I said it is"?

Isn't that basically how ALL pool world championships are? Some guy just decided to call it that?

Can anyone argue the world 14.1 (that's what we're talking about I assume)
doesn't feature the best from around the whole world?
Can we name a single straight pool tournament that has a larger number of top shelf players?
So why NOT let it be the world 14.1?

Just because charlie williams has a sketchy reputation doesn't mean this isn't a legit tournament
that is (arguably) worthy of the name.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What world are we talking about here? The AZ world, the real world, the perceived internet world?? There are so many worlds I have no idea what this thread is about I NEED PICS!!!

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not to start any trouble but what do you feel is needed to make something a world championship,
besides "I said it is"?

Isn't that basically how ALL pool world championships are? Some guy just decided to call it that?

Can anyone argue the world 14.1 (that's what we're talking about I assume)
doesn't feature the best from around the whole world?
Can we name a single straight pool tournament that has a larger number of top shelf players?
So why NOT let it be the world 14.1?

Just because charlie williams has a sketchy reputation doesn't mean this isn't a legit tournament
that is (arguably) worthy of the name.

CreeDo:

If you've been following this historically, this is just another in the long series of "in yo' face" moves by Dragon Promotions against the WPA. Right now -- just as it is the case in other sports -- there is a single world-sanctioning committee that gets to decide what makes an event a "world" event. For pool, that's the WPA.

However, for whatever reason, Dragon Promotions has decided to give the finger (or flick their hand outwards from under their chin) at the WPA, and is calling the 14.1 event a "World" event, even though the winners will never be recognized by the WPA, and will never be recorded in any record books.

Call it what you will, but that's what this is about.
-Sean

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CreeDo:

If you've been following this historically, this is just another in the long series of "in yo' face" moves by Dragon Promotions against the WPA. Right now -- just as it is the case in other sports -- there is a single world-sanctioning committee that gets to decide what makes an event a "world" event. For pool, that's the WPA.

However, for whatever reason, Dragon Promotions has decided to give the finger (or flick their hand outwards from under their chin) at the WPA, and is calling the 14.1 event a "World" event, even though the winners will never be recognized by the WPA, and will never be recorded in any record books.

Call it what you will, but that's what this is about.
-Sean

thats how I see it too...tour is over used as well..Dragon Promotions is more to do with feel good pool politics I think..in true..what have they really done over all for their spirt.. I'm a nobody..so what I think really doesn't count much..