New Gold Crown VI

lumberman

Registered
Is this the new Gold Crown VI being played on at the All Japan Championship 2017??
It looks the same as the table that won Brunswick’s design challenge for a new Gold Crown VI back in 2014.
http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eH4QShmnkQw
http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Y7xNr9vfQ

CC7B436B-B593-404E-BA4A-601DD5DE7E86.jpg

EDBB8BB3-C325-4C7E-B6EE-F5F9C23E4ABE.jpg

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iit just doesn't look like a gold crown to me

different than all the ones i am familiar with

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it is only designed for drop pockets.
That shelf is too high for a ball return collection area.

At least that what it appears to be.

Is Glen still banned? Maybe he's heard about the production status of this table.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Looks like Brunswick is never gonna learn, as they are continuing to put metal on their corner pockets.

Short Bus Russ

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Looks like Brunswick is never gonna learn, as they are continuing to put metal on their corner pockets.

Short Bus Russ

That’s what I’m thinking...
...Diamond took the bugs out of the GCs...nobody told Brunswick yet

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it is only designed for drop pockets.
That shelf is too high for a ball return collection area.

At least that what it appears to be.

Is Glen still banned? Maybe he's heard about the production status of this table.

Glenn said production came back stateside and Mark Gregory said it would be announced in December. If I remember correctly.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Until I see a label on it, that 2014 story is fake news.

We interviewed the kid who won the design contest.
It's for real.
Brunswick told us in 2015 that it ( GC VI) would be released in 2017.

Whether that is a real GC VI, I don't know

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s what I’m thinking...
...Diamond took the bugs out of the GCs...nobody told Brunswick yet

But Diamond introduced the biggest bug, when they put a carom cushion on a pool table. 30 years later, its still not right. They should have copied the GC cushion rubber material, angles, and wood rail angles, exactly. End rant.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if we will see these table in any rooms? I know the retail price of the 5 was 12k or so, while the Diamond is 6k or so. But, when you order 20 GC's for a room, what is the actual price then?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I wonder if we will see these table in any rooms? I know the retail price of the 5 was 12k or so, while the Diamond is 6k or so. But, when you order 20 GC's for a room, what is the actual price then?

Wby don't you open a room then report back with the cost.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
But Diamond introduced the biggest bug, when they put a carom cushion on a pool table. 30 years later, its still not right. They should have copied the GC cushion rubber material, angles, and wood rail angles, exactly. End rant.

I liked the Monarch and later, the Brunswick Superspeed cushions...and especially the
rubber on the original Gold Crowns.
But I lost a lot of respect for Brunswick rubber by the GC IIIs...I’m pretty sure they’re
putting their label on cheap Asian rubber. I remember paying $140 for Superspeed rubber
in the early 90s, and it played and lasted like the rubber I could get for $36.

Bunch of GC IVs I know...within three years, dead spots started to appear in the rails.

I would rather wrestle with the Diamond fast rail problem....this is coming from a guy who
had almost everything good that happened to him in pool and snooker take place on a
Brunswick.
That company went the way of the North American auto industry...when the engineers
lost control to the accountants.....and the public payed for it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Word on the streets is superspeed quality has returned.

I liked the Monarch and later, the Brunswick Superspeed cushions...and especially the
rubber on the original Gold Crowns.
But I lost a lot of respect for Brunswick rubber by the GC IIIs...I’m pretty sure they’re
putting their label on cheap Asian rubber. I remember paying $140 for Superspeed rubber
in the early 90s, and it played and lasted like the rubber I could get for $36.

Bunch of GC IVs I know...within three years, dead spots started to appear in the rails.

I would rather wrestle with the Diamond fast rail problem....this is coming from a guy who
had almost everything good that happened to him in pool and snooker take place on a
Brunswick.
That company went the way of the North American auto industry...when the engineers
lost control to the accountants.....and the public payed for it.