Pool Lessons in Pennsylvania

J

Jody C

I was wondering if there are any really good teachers or players that give lessons in and around the Harrisburg area? I would be willing to travel farther for lessons also. And would anybody have any idea what their rates might be.
Thanks, Jo

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Instructors

Karen Corr teaches out of Pete Fusco's room (The Spot) in Trevose, PA (Near Philly). She charges $100/hour. Jim Rempe teaches out of his home in Lake Ariel, PA (Near Scranton). He charges $125/hour with a 2 hour minimum. PM me if want more details or contact information.

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PA Lessons

For more affordable lessons you could head about 1 hr over to NJ (if your up from the drive) and get lessons from:

Ed Hodan, Joe Frady, Al Lapena anyone of them for under $80/hr.

(Just telling you what I know in the area)

I don't know if he gives lessons or not but I thought Eddie Abraham was from PA. I never heard of him giving lessons - but I wouldn't see why not.

Ask around and good luck.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those prices you could take a flight and go see Mark Wilson (St louis) or Stan Shuffett (ky) and still have money left over.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jody C...You have a qualified instructor right there in Harrisburg, who also posts here. Contact Coopedeville here via PM, and start learning the right stuff, the right way!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Burtus

Livin like I mean it!
Silver Member
Wedge said:
Karen Corr teaches out of Pete Fusco's room (The Spot) in Trevose, PA (Near Philly). She charges $100/hour. Jim Rempe teaches out of his home in Lake Ariel, PA (Near Scranton). He charges $125/hour with a 2 hour minimum. PM me if want more details or contact information.

Jo,
I took Lessons from Karen Corr and found her to be an excellent teacher and well worth it.

Burt

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
Jody C...You have a qualified instructor right there in Harrisburg, who also posts here. Contact Coopedeville here via PM, and start learning the right stuff, the right way!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I was going to say.

I traveled to Harrisburg to get lessons, leaving would be counterproductive!

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny 'kid delicious' Basavich lives in souther jersey. I think it Manchester or Brick. He is not far from Philly. I believe he is charging $200 for a 3 hour lesson. You could meet somewhere. If you want a great lesson on fundementals when Scott Lee is in your don't miss out on a chance to grab him. I took a lesson from Frady once and wasn't impressed. Nice guy, but, we were not on the same wave length. Hodan is good. I don't get the impression he is very interested in teaching. I think he would rather play. He lives in Freehold NJ.

DiamondDave

Yes, I rather like Snake!
Silver Member
For some of the best lessons you could get anywhere I could get you some information. I took lessons from a local gentleman who has as much if not more knowledge of the game than anyone in central pa. Great lessons and extremely affordable. PM me if interested in a phone number.

Thanks
Dave

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
BANKONIT said:
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT FRED McCANN ? HE'S GOOD.

I'm pretty sure DiamondDave is talking about Fred. Yes Fred it the best teacher around here.

If you are in the Harrisburg area and looking for lessons. He's the man. Very well respected player in his younger years and has an abundance of knowledge. Anyone can pm me also that would like Fred McCann's phone number.