Phil Boucher....A dear friend and mentor

Poke_N_Hope

Lost in Paradise
Silver Member
I want to bid a loving and heartfelt farewell to my close friend, mentor, and teacher...Phil Boucher. Phil...former Marine, Butte Boy to the core, and an absolute pool fanatic, spent his last few days reading pool magazines and watching pool videos we sent him in a care package.

Phil took me under his wing when I picked up a pool stick. He taught me drills, taught me an aggressive game plan....and forced me to get a powerful stroke, but play with finesse. Moreover, taught me everything I know about tourney play...how to grind them out, read your opponent, and at the right time...strike hard and fast...going for the win.

Phil was loved by anyone that ever met him...never had a cross word to share about anyone. Phil passed on a husband, father, grandfather, and most beloved friend. There isn't a shooter in my town that hasn't been fired up and inspired by Phil, his pool game, and his passion for pool.

God Bless the man that has shaped me so well for all things pool..and for all things in life. Phil never gave up on anything, not after cancer (twice) and open heart surgery. I take this lesson learned from my dearest friend...and encourage you all to do the same...don't give up...grind it out, step up, and get moving!

Gone but never forgotten....Phil Boucher!