Any cue dealer up for a little round robin tournament at SBE

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
On the heels of the Lou/JB match, I was thinking.. why don't the cue dealers have a little round robin tournament, or even a 16 man tourney. I mean really, you here them say well this cue plays great, it hits a ton, its the best cue ever... Lets see which ones of them, really know how to gage a cue.
Think about it, on a particular website, he says cues meet his playability standard? Really? Jump on the table and lets see how you gage a cues playability. I think this a fair way to gage a dealers street cred... :wink:

I know Mark K is in, I know Big Kenny wouldn't even hesitate, Joe S shoots well, so what do you think?

Possible players...
Mark K
Big Kenny
Little K
Joe S
Dick Abbott
Don S
Scott M
Sean Brown
Matt C
Jamie W
Joe Van
Tom W
Wesley
Gian C

I mean we might have enough for a 16 player tourney...100 each.. nice little prize fund...

JV

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Sure....sounds like a ton of fun. :) Count me in if this develops into something. Will check with Matt. Depends on what night and if it's a night we'll be there. Always tough to do though after a long day in the booth.

What about Bill G?

What's the game?

If this fizzles out, maybe Matt and I will take you and Mark on in scotch doubles 1p....

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:scratchhead:

Oh heck...I might have to pick out one of my best Kaiser or J&J cues and practice some.:smile:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Sure....sounds like a ton of fun. :) Count me in if this develops into something. Will check with Matt. Depends on what night and if it's a night we'll be there. Always tough to do though after a long day in the booth.

What about Bill G?

What's the game?

If this fizzles out, maybe Matt and I will take you and Mark on in scotch doubles 1p....

Will Bill G have a booth at this years Expo? For some reason I don't remember seeing him last year?

I would love to watch this tournament too.

Kevin

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I make it, and it is looking more promising, I am in as long as the game is not 9B, 10B, or 14.1. I will play 8B, One Pocket, or preferably Banks.... :D:thumbup:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
There will be a no leech / trunk dealer disqualifier. You guys plan your own tournament. :D

Lackeys ok, leeches not so much. :)

JV

Last edited:

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I make it, and it is looking more promising, I am in as long as the game is not 9B, 10B, or 14.1. I will play 8B, One Pocket, or preferably Banks.... :D:thumbup:

Jamie,
Ill play ya some short rack banks.
I know you play that well, so I need 2.
What do you think?
I'm as rusty as they get. :smile:

Jake Popiano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am Rick Goulden's nephew my namw is Jake Ive been going to ICCS shows for 9years and I have also been to many other cue shows. Rick would probably play in this if he were attending but he has a problem with his heel right now and can walk alot so ge wont be attending. I on the other hand will be going with Andy and Vicki. My question is although Iam not a true collector in the sense (although I do own several cues) would I be invited to play? I am not wanting to cause a big debate over it as I would simply be doing it to hang out with fellow collectors like Kenny,Grassley,Will Prout,Tom Watters,Mark K,ect ect. Kind of like the small single elimination tournament we have every year at the ICCS that i play in(and have never won). IMHO it would have to be OK with everyone included,if anyone doesnt want me to play thats just fine with me. It just sounds like a good time and since my uncle rick cant attend maybe i could take his spot. Thanks guys

"a wise man learns from his own mistakes-an intelligent man learns from his own mistakes&also learns from others mistakes"--Bill Schick,

"Dont let the truth get in the way of a good story"- Nucky Thompson

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jamie,
Ill play ya some short rack banks.
I know you play that well, so I need 2.
What do you think?
I'm as rusty as they get. :smile:

2 in short rack bank ... LMAO... I wouldn't give my mom 2 in short rack bank. I might give you 9-7 in full rack. What ya think Troy???

Big Chris

windycitycueshow.com
Silver Member
I wasn't planning on going but . . . I think I could snap this tourney off and make the trip worth while. Am I eligible to play in it?

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I wasn't planning on going but . . . I think I could snap this tourney off and make the trip worth while. Am I eligible to play in it?

Think we've all got to play with brand new Meuccis.

I knew that Van Buren would throw in some kind of curve-ball.......lol :grin-square:

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
2 in short rack bank ... LMAO... I wouldn't give my mom 2 in short rack bank. I might give you 9-7 in full rack. What ya think Troy???

Haha.
I was thinking 6-4.
That's what I get from these local champions.
Let me talk to my backer, Big Chris :D