Rail Systems

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
My game has stalled again. I need some recommendations for books or videos on diamond or rail systems to work on.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My game has stalled again. I need some recommendations for books or videos on diamond or rail systems to work on.
I think the best intro in English to diamond systems are Robert Byrne's books.

Here is Dr. Dave's banks and kicks resource page:
http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/banks_and_kicks.html

Remember that like the stars in astrology, diamond systems do not compel, they incline. There are so many variables involved that the systems only give a framework for planning a shot. To build on that framework, you need to practice until you have enough feel and intuition to make the systems actually work.

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If u want send me your email and I'll send u something when I get in later. Few different videos from same guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not very good at translating the content of pool books to the actual table. I learn by doing. I kick pretty well but when I feel my kicking game is off and need to gain some rail feel back I spend a couple hours playing 3 cushion. That gets my head back in the rail game.

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the app ??

There are several out in Google Play. Just search for 3 Cushion. Some are game simulators, but there are others that are informational, with diagrams and explanations. If you use apple products, you can search the apple store.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Learning various systems isn't going to un-stall your game.
Give Scott Lee a call. He's the best player mechanic I know of. :)

Bob Callahan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Bob Byrne's book about Danny McGoorty, he says, "Not only did Hoppe not use the diamond system, he had nothing to do with developing it."

It's part of a discussion on Danny watching Willie try out the system in his book for the first time--in 1950. He also says, "Those charts were put in the book by Byron Schoeman, and a lot of them are haywire." And about Willie, "...he was not a system player."

It's a great book, and all pool lovers should have a copy.