George Breedlove Carl Bolm Roadman Dumped and Stole and It Will Be Addressed

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pure greed by losers.

They were all flocking around George and his friend in action room. I was in action on corner table, the people looking for easy money were all around Carl.

Anyone who lost money was sure in for a shock when the game turned around.

Cry and whine all you want. You lost, pay up.:(

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Not that it matters but isn't GB and JL devout Christians? I thought I read somewhere that they had turned to God. If so, I would say from all my dealings in pool, that some Christians in pool have an alternative bible. The one that has stealing omitted from the sins category...

JV

Here it is...my buddy also bet and lost on this match. George is "steering" carl. Justin "road man" plays carl one handed,jacked up,against carls two hands ,9ball,bar table for "alot" of money. Justin wins the first set... Second set,justin is up 5-2 going to 9 when carl announces the window is open(down 5-2 and also down 1 set) the poolroom immediatly bets all they can against carl(he,s DOWN 5-2 and takes ALL bets from that point going to 9) well...you guessed it...justin doesn,t win another game and carl wins 6-7 in a row so naturally it looks very fishy to say the least....who opens the window DOWN 5-2 going to 9? Obviously carl does. Does it mean business was going on? You can,t prove it but ...how does it look if you had carl? Now you know what happened. I know a well known player who personally lost 10k on it when the window was opened.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Here it is...my buddy also bet and lost on this match. George is "steering" carl. Justin "road man" plays carl one handed,jacked up,against carls two hands ,9ball,bar table for "alot" of money. Justin wins the first set... Second set,justin is up 5-2 going to 9 when carl announces the window is open(down 5-2 and also down 1 set) the poolroom immediatly bets all they can against carl(he,s DOWN 5-2 and takes ALL bets from that point going to 9) well...you guessed it...justin doesn,t win another game and carl wins 6-7 in a row so naturally it looks very fishy to say the least....who opens the window DOWN 5-2 going to 9? Obviously carl does. Does it mean business was going on? You can,t prove it but ...how does it look if you had carl? Now you know what happened. I know a well known player who personally lost 10k on it when the window was opened.

shiver my timber

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure who Carl is or how good he plays , but sounds like he could of been stalling to get the bet right.

And with Justyn playing one handed jacked up that would be a perfect game to do it lol

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
There was no need for this post.

George and Jeanette haven't been married for quite a while.

Not that it matters but isn't GB and JL devout Christians? I thought I read somewhere that they had turned to God. If so, I would say from all my dealings in pool, that some Christians in pool have an alternative bible. The one that has stealing omitted from the sins category...

JV

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thank you Jay. Southpaw could have chosen to tell us this same story and allowed us to know what was bothering him, and at the same time sent a message to George and Carl. If what he wanted was to out them on here that would have done it.

After hearing this story I would still not be able to make any inferences unless I had been there to see it for myself. I've spotted more than one dump in progress and also seen some very good hustlers (Jack Cooney for one) at work. Both situations look very similar. Jack might lose every day for weeks before taking off his mark. If you got on the wrong end of it you went down with the mark.

Artie came to California and laid it down so good that when he left everyone still thought he was just some very rich and lucky guy. He acted whacky and would lose for fifty a game and win when the bet got into the hundreds.

I agree that making threats online or in public is not wise. I once had a problem with a guy who hurt my daughter in a domestic abuse situation. He was a big tough kid and he could have killed her (he had strangled her). I went a little crazy (it was at the same time as the OJ trial) and made up my mind there would be no "OJ" killing my daughter. I went to his mother's house where he lived and I was packing. He was too big for me to fight but not to big for me to take care of. He escaped out his bedroom window (long story short).

I called my attorney the next day and after explaining things to him and how angry I was, he gave me the following advice, "Whatever you do, do it surreptitiously!" I never forgot that advice coming from an attorney. :D

P.S. She had already gotten a restraining order against him a week before.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn’t there, don’t know, but from the description of events and the little I know of one of the participants I would have to lean in favor of a no dump call.

Lou Figueroa

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called my attorney the next day and after explaining things to him and how angry I was, he gave me the following advice, "Whatever you do, do it surreptitiously!" I never forgot that advice coming from an attorney
There's a line like that in the Johnny Depp biopic about Whitey Bulger when he tells a young kid: "Do it to him when no one's around . . . if no one saw it, it didn't happen."

Arnaldo

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Wasn’t there, don’t know, but from the description of events and the little I know of one of the participants I would have to lean in favor of a no dump call.

Lou Figueroa

wasn't HOLM in with you when you lucked out and beat the case maker

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea if it was business or not, just wanted to give the scenario. Carl is not a good player but can make a few balls. Playing one handed jacked up(every shot) is very hard. The only part having everyone wondering is opening the window up DOWN 5-2. He had already lost the first set for 5 figures, so I guess everyone is wondering why not open the window before starting the second set. Everyone wants the chance to take off a millionaire, so I think everyone would have bet it then too, but when he did it down 5-2,and the. Took it off, it just has a lot of people wondering. My buddy only bet a small amount, while MANY others bet 4-5 figures. The part I forgot to mention was that Carl actually closed the window after taking many bets. If it was business, would he have done that ( or would that be the BEST move ever) nobody will ever know. He won the rest of the games and it was over. I’m not trying to put peoples business out there, but if there’s gonna be a long thread like this, there’s no reason for people not to know what took place as it would come out soon enough anyway.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea if it was business or not, just wanted to give the scenario. Carl is not a good player but can make a few balls. Playing one handed jacked up(every shot) is very hard. The only part having everyone wondering is opening the window up DOWN 5-2. He had already lost the first set for 5 figures, so I guess everyone is wondering why not open the window before starting the second set. Everyone wants the chance to take off a millionaire, so I think everyone would have bet it then too, but when he did it down 5-2,and the. Took it off, it just has a lot of people wondering. My buddy only bet a small amount, while MANY others bet 4-5 figures. The part I forgot to mention was that Carl actually closed the window after taking many bets. If it was business, would he have done that ( or would that be the BEST move ever) nobody will ever know. He won the rest of the games and it was over. I’m not trying to put peoples business out there, but if there’s gonna be a long thread like this, there’s no reason for people not to know what took place as it would come out soon enough anyway.

I have no dea what actually went on, but I have seen Carl raise the bet when down on more than one occasion. Down 5-2 going to 9 does seem too strong. If Roadman was missing shots jacked up, then Carl could "know" he could win. Carl gets huge spots due to his money, but he is not helpless at pool. He would be an APA 7 and probably beat 90% of the best league players in the country since he is not scared of the money.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I have no dea what actually went on, but I have seen Carl raise the bet when down on more than one occasion. Down 5-2 going to 9 does seem too strong. If Roadman was missing shots jacked up, then Carl could "know" he could win. Carl gets huge spots due to his money, but he is not helpless at pool. He would be an APA 7 and probably beat 90% of the best league players in the country since he is not scared of the money.

Unless RM pokes m real, real good i don't like his side, esp if Holm gets sideline help from GB

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If Carl did lose the first set on purpose...then got down 5 to 2 and opened the window so what? Him hiding his speed or setting a trap to get bets is fair.

Only way it's shady is if his opponent dumped and got a cut of the money....that is how business is done.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds to me like Carl was laying down the lemon.

Isn't Carl the same guy that attempted a cut shot in the corner for 10 large and missed it by 2 diamonds? Later, as eyewitnesses on the scene relayed, he attempted the same show -- I mean shot, but this time for 40 large. And he made it.

This is a form of hustling and it's laying down the lemon. That said, I have always gone by the mantra that one should never gamble what they cannot afford to lose.

I don't gamble much anymore. :D

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member

Isn't Carl the same guy that attempted a cut shot in the corner for 10 large and missed it by 2 diamonds? Later, as eyewitnesses on the scene relayed, he attempted the same show -- I mean shot, but this time for 40 large. And he made it.

This is a form of hustling and it's laying down the lemon. That said, I have always gone by the mantra that one should never gamble what they cannot afford to lose.

Hmm, ppl betting big when they think they are stealing... only to have the sucker out run the nuts and bust everyone. Where is the smoking gun??

Eric

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't this sort of action,hiding ones speed,lemoning off a few bucks to win big bucks,matching up gaff games like playing one handed jacked up and no telling how many other things what makes Drrby City
what it is

Take all this away from Derby City and all you have left is another boring tournament.

This doesn't give a fella the right to Dump and steal,but only the naive should risk his bank roll betting on a pool player without factoring in all the elements

I knew a fella who worked hatd to get a game set up only to have the local pool detective spread it around that he had the nuts,so without asking the rail began betting on the Kid.
The Kid proceeded to lose on purpose until the rail was busted and the pigeon was fat, then the Kid
came back to life and won all of the marks money and ,everything the rail had ost too

The Kid knew how to handle the situation when the rail birds try to tush hog his action.

I always hated having someone else win the money I had spent time working on,
if this situation here was something like this,then I applaud the effort.

Caveat emptor

On another occasion,a close friend of mine once set up a Mini moose patch in a card game
with a multi multi.
He spent thousands setting up jusy the right environment for the multi mark to feel at home
playing in the game, rather than wake the dead I will cut to the chase and entertain you boys

My friend Mouse,invested over $100,000 in pre game and sluff off activities including letting
the Mark win $70,000 and leave the place with his winnings. Now that the Mark had the money,
the theory being was that he would proceed with renewed confidence and vigor in his gambling prowess.

Trouble was the other fella took the money and left town leaving THE MOUSE AND ME losing $100,000 lighter.

Seems that he knew the play and came over the top,as they say. He reversed the Mini Moose patch and took our seed money.

You think that didn't hurt?

Perhaps I digress,I could tell you guys a 100 stories like this ,but I have been told to quit my ramblings

Last edited:

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read this quote in a book by Night Court's Harry Anderson that seems to apply to this situation:

"One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to show you a brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken. Then this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of this brand-new deck of cards and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not accept this bet, because as sure as you stand there, you're going to wind up with an ear full of cider."
Sky Masterson from Guys and Dolls

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading all this I dont understand all the *****ing that goes on here every year about an under ranked player spending a year paying league fees just to score 1500. In Vegas .

Peanuts compared to the stories in this thread.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He's good buddys with 2 pros....I'm sure he can play a little! Funny with all the info online and such that people still getting hustled by the "millionaire who can't play routine"!