foul or not? and howd he do that? lol

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Mike Massey showing people how to do this. He said some rules prohibit it, but that it's legal in most cases. I forget how exactly, but I think it's a soft, steady shot near the miscue limit and the ball goes forward just a bit and then sort of rolls off the tip

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
foul......... the cue tip was in contact with the cue ball too long.......... a push stroke instead of a hit

Kim

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cueball goes off the side of the ferrule. Just a tiny bit and you need super slo-mo to see it.
WOW - that would be a tough one for most TD's to judge, even if he/she was right on top of the shot. Logically, there is no way to have pulled off that shot, with a level cue through the stroke, unless it was an illegal push stroke.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW - that would be a tough one for most TD's to judge, even if he/she was right on top of the shot. Logically, there is no way to have pulled off that shot, with a level cue through the stroke, unless it was an illegal push stroke.
It is a push. A well executed push by a top player.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Rarely do you get to see a pro taking practice strokes in order to smoothly execute a foul.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rarely do you get to see a pro taking practice strokes in order to smoothly execute a foul.
The long, smooth practice strokes are to obfuscate the fact that the final stroke is a push/double hit/miscue.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
foul......... the cue tip was in contact with the cue ball too long.......... a push stroke instead of a hit

Kim

Exactly what I was going to write, so I don't want to write again, it's a foul, it is so obvious and there is no technique in the world that you do to prevent a foul in this situation, you could say that it is a trick shot for those that want to have fun with it and impress some friends, but it isn't a legal shot.