Cannonball Eddie Kanowski

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure of the spelling of his name. I mentioned him in another thread and it got me to wondering. Anybody remember him? I only knew him briefly in the mid 70's but seemed like a pretty good player and interesting guy. What ever became of him. Just curious.

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Not sure of the spelling of his name. I mentioned him in another thread and it got me to wondering. Anybody remember him? I only knew him briefly in the mid 70's but seemed like a pretty good player and interesting guy. What ever became of him. Just curious.

Cannonball Eddie Kienowski, from upstate New York. A top, top player. He stayed with Sugar Shack Johhny and me in Ft Lauderdale in the 60s. I give him a nice play in my book The Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers.

Beard

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met him in the '80s, we had a mutual friend. Used to see him at tournaments in the NYS area a lot. I think I posted a story about him that I heard before I met him on AZ some time back. Lyn should know if he's still alive or not.

Ed Wiggins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cannonball story

There is a feature article about Cannonball in the Aug. 1997 issue of Pool&Billiard magazine.

EW

Attachments

• Cannonball_Kienowski.jpg
    Cannonball_Kienowski.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 348