New Cloth Time

rocket23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have this 60 year old saunier-wilhem ,Salem table. I'll be getting green 860 cloth for it. I was quoted 225.00 plus shipping an tax...........I believe this is a good price, any thoughts??

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have this 60 year old saunier-wilhem ,Salem table. I'll be getting green 860 cloth for it. I was quoted 225.00 plus shipping an tax...........I believe this is a good price, any thoughts??

Yes. I believe Simonis dictates pricing to its resellers. If you are getting it for significantly less then something is not normal.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Simonis required MAP is $281.99 as of March 2015 for 8ft pre cut 860. They actively contact resellers to make sure the price is not advertised at anything less. However you can sell it for whatever you want as a reseller.

rocket23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis required MAP is $281.99 as of March 2015 for 8ft pre cut 860. They actively contact resellers to make sure the price is not advertised at anything less. However you can sell it for whatever you want as a reseller.
it's a nine footer
Are you sure it's time for new cloth?

It's only 60 years old.

Well it had a hole already near the head spot........but after cutting 14 rolls of insulation and cutting thru the rubber protective mat, (which wasn't really protective)....yeah, it's time.....:eek:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Simonis required MAP is $328.99 as of March 2015 for 9ft pre cut 860. $225 is a great deal if it is real Simonis cloth.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's a nine footer

Well it had a hole already near the head spot........but after cutting 14 rolls of insulation and cutting thru the rubber protective mat, (which wasn't really protective)....yeah, it's time.....:eek:

Dammit, it is not a work bench.

Laundry table, maybe. Work bench, no..:wink:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That price is close to what a dealer would buy it from Simonis directly for. Good price, if it includes the rail cloth also.

rocket23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dammit, it is not a work bench.

Laundry table, maybe. Work bench, no..:wink:
yeah,I know...but it made laying out the insulation a breeze,:thumbup:
That price is close to what a dealer would buy it from Simonis directly for. Good price, if it includes the rail cloth also.
the owner who is ordering it, said it will,:grin:
Yeah but, a little 12' cut in the won't hamper the folding of cloths on it at all:thumbup:

how bout a series of slits? mebbee 4 or 5....:(