Upgrade Shaft

kenexcelon

Registered
Hey guys, I have a Falcon cue I purchased about 10 years ago or so. Would anyone be able to recommend a low deflection shaft that would work with the cue? I think the pin is 5/16x14, but I am not positive. I would like one that doesn't feel dead, but with an upgradeable tip option. Also, I prefer to not go under 12.75 MM.

Thanks!

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Check out seyberts.com, they have a variety of LD shafts to fit most joint configurations.
I personally play with an old Falcon cue (5/16 x 14 piloted joint) with a predator shaft and it fits well and plays great.

bountybuddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last custom made cue I had made was 12.75 shaft and I loved it. It was 63" long and I loved it. I like a longer cue now. About 12 years ago I bought one of the first Schon cues made. (it was made the second year they were in business). This cue came with 5 shafts, two Schon shafts and three other shafts. I didn't like the shafts that came with the cue so bought two Predator 314 1 shafts to use with the Schon Butt. It was a fantastic playing cue. I still have it. I got this idea from Alex Pagalion. This was the butt and shaft he used at the time.

I am not familiar with Falcon Cues but I suggest you upgrade to a better shaft. Take good care of it and it will last you for the rest of your life. The butt is the most expensive part of a cue and it is also the least important part of a cue. The shaft and tip are much more important than the butt. An expensive butt does not make the cue a better playing cue. Just pretty to look at.

My two cents worth my friend.

bountybuddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I buy things from seyberts.com You can't go wrong buying from seyberts.com

I have a high opinion of them.

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby Hybrid is going to meet and exceed your requirements. Solid, low deflection and 12.75 standard. Great shaft and recommended.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I have a Falcon cue I purchased about 10 years ago or so. Would anyone be able to recommend a low deflection shaft that would work with the cue? I think the pin is 5/16x14, but I am not positive. I would like one that doesn't feel dead, but with an upgradeable tip option. Also, I prefer to not go under 12.75 MM.

Thanks!

Buy from someone who supports our game of pool.

Something that is from America and made in America.

Buy an OB Shaft.:thumbup:

Or, if you know of a small time dealer, go there for your best price.:eek:k:

kenexcelon

Registered
I'm a little concerned of the fit. I contacted Jacoby over this a month or so ago and they wanted my cue for measurement of the joint collar and pin. It would be hard to do without it right now since it's my only cue until around April.

Jacoby Hybrid is going to meet and exceed your requirements. Solid, low deflection and 12.75 standard. Great shaft and recommended.

RBC

Deceased
I'm a little concerned of the fit. I contacted Jacoby over this a month or so ago and they wanted my cue for measurement of the joint collar and pin. It would be hard to do without it right now since it's my only cue until around April.

I'm 90% certain that your cue will have an .840" joint diameter.

Our shafts with the 5/16-14 joint are all .840" in diameter.

I should also tell you the most of the other cue shaft company's do the same. You should be pretty safe with any of the reputable cue shaft companies.

Of course, I think one of ours would be the right choice, but you should know they would all fit fine.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first cue back in the 90s was a Falcon with a Predator and it was a great player. Back then, I believe Falcon was making the butts for Predator. Don't know who makes either now, but back then they were a great match.

Dave