Obvious foul......

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
Your opponent does not see your obvious foul but other non players do.

Would you tell your opponent or just say it's up to him to call a foul?

What would you do?

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
---

I call a foul on myself. Been there, done that. I'm responsible for my actions and I couldn't live with not playing fair.

Ron F

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whether other people are watching , you call the foul, pick up the ball and hand it to him. It's not his choice either.

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I call it. Gotta like what you see in the mirror!

Agree. Integrity is important to me. If I play with someone who does not call fouls on themselves, it tells me a lot about their character..

One advantage of living in Asia is that everyone calls fouls on themselves.

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
be a man(or woman) of integrity

call it on yourself. don't beat around the bush. i think less of those who won't(that includes whoever, whenever).

nelldrake

Waterskier/pool addict
Silver Member
Money game or not, a foul is a foul. Honor and integrity demand that you own up and give your opponent ball in hand. Isn't that what you would expect of your opponent?

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Believe me, I've been in situations where I've been tempted to pretend like nothing's happened when I've done something that my opponent cleary didn't see it, but I've always had this little voice in my head that tells me to do right. I can't help but to wonder that for those that might try to pull a fast one........................it's gotta feel pretty shitty for the immediate moments after such a move wondering (sweating) if someone's gonna call you out for cheating. Gotta be one of the most embarrasing things to ever have to endure.
dave

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
What would you do if you found a lottery ticket on the ground with the persons name on it. The ticket was a winner for 50 MIL.
What would you do? Still have the same integrity? Huh.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
What would you do if you found a lottery ticket on the ground with the persons name on it. The ticket was a winner for 50 MIL.
What would you do? Still have the same integrity? Huh.

Of course, I would cash it in and when I got the cheese, take my cut and move on.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get it everybody here would call a foul on them selfs when their opponent is not paying attenion,but would not tell their opponent when they are getting readdy to shot the wrong ball or gets mad when the ref does,come on somebody tell me what the difference is,if u r going to b honest about calling a foul on ur self,how could u not tell the opponent he is shooting the wrong ball.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get it everybody here would call a foul on them selfs when their opponent is not paying attenion,but would not tell their opponent when they are getting readdy to shot the wrong ball or gets mad when the ref does,come on somebody tell me what the difference is,if u r going to b honest about calling a foul on ur self,how could u not tell the opponent he is shooting the wrong ball.

The difference is I commited a foul. I call it on myself.

If he commits a foul, that's on him. It is unsprotsmanlike to interrupt a shooter when it is not your turn. Maybe he's doing it on purpose and taking a foul. To interrupt him is presumtuous. It is assuming that you know how to play the game better than he does. Maybe he's taking a foul on purpose. Let him play his game and you play yours.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The difference is I commited a foul. I call it on myself.

If he commits a foul, that's on him. It is unsprotsmanlike to interrupt a shooter when it is not your turn. Maybe he's doing it on purpose and taking a foul. To interrupt him is presumtuous. It is assuming that you know how to play the game better than he does. Maybe he's taking a foul on purpose. Let him play his game and you play yours.

Todd i respect your view,but come on now nobody is going to take a foul on purpose by shooting the wrong ball when u r playing the best players in the world,i agree let him play his game and u play urs at the same time paying attention to whats going on,so u will call a foul on ur self but u wont tell ur opponent he is shooting the wrong ball!