Kim Davenport
David Howard
Mike Lebron
Dennis Hatch
Alex Lely
Jeremy Jones
Sylver Ochoa
Tony Drago

Almost no female professionals (except for Brittany Bryant).

Anyone have information as to why they have not attended this year?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
you even missed some on your list. go thru the past winners and see who also isn't there

graemeham

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Hatch missing the open????? Have I missed something here??

With him chasing Mosconi Cup points why on earth would he not play the US Open??

BigDaddyInc.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see it now, wish there was some other streaming options besides accu stats. I may purchase the last day or 2 idk.

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Antonio Lining
Larry Nevel
Lee Van Corteza
Rodolfo Luat
Tyler Edy
Nick Varner
Buddy Hall
Reed Pierce
Scott Frost
Danny Basavich
Ramil Gallego
Imran Majid
Amar Kang
Mike Dechaine
Kim Davenport
David Howard
Mike Lebron
Dennis Hatch
Alex Lely
Jeremy Jones
Sylver Ochoa
Tony Drago

Almost no female professionals (except for Brittany Bryant).

Anyone have information as to why they have not attended this year?

one particular answer may be that Barry no longer PAYS past US Open champions' entry fees ...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
..........and what/who caused that ??? :rolleyes:

Barry didnt plan on the event lasting as long as it did, it caught up with him, same for the Derby, greg caught a break this year with SVB almost sweeping. Free entry for past winners is great for the first few years then it catchs up.

Even full field events can have 20% free entry plus added $$$=Game over

It's a great way to start out but like a ponzi scheme it cant last. A 5 year pass would be fine for the winner. Should have been stated from day one.

having said all that, i hope Barry does well in addition to the players.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm offended. Why isn't my name on that list?
toetap05.gif

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm offended. Why isn't my name on that list?
toetap05.gif

Look, buddy, you're outta line here....
..everybody knows this tournament is held for 'seven days'
..so we hold a tournament in your honor....
..and you want to be on the absentee list also?:confused:

You can't have your cake and eat it too

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking about this for a minute, Today I was 350 miles from home and looked into the mail slot of what used to be Boyce Billiards in Stockton Ca. It was a players room from the late 50's or 60's, I played there in 85-91. I met Mark Haddad there. Now It's is a vacant room, all the tables gone, only the rail was in there laying in piles up against the wall, all gone. It was a very sad moment for me, 8 hours ago. I remember $1000 action there and 3X as much on the rail, and it was a old room then in 85. I was glad i got to look thu that slot, gave me lots to think about and this thread is similar in nature. Its a illustration of where pool is going. I dont like it either...

Pool is becoming if it isnt already a game with a small cult following at best. It aint Barry, ABP, Earl, Me, you its Facebook, poker, internet, a progression of time. Its a bygone era. Some people still play vinyl records and some play pool-both cult followings....:frown:

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
I was really upset to see no john schmidt. Hes one of my favorite players and i wanted to see him there

It just doesn't make good business sense, especially if you're on the left coast like John, or better yet, overseas... For the risk/reward, you really have to be mad at your money.

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
missing pros

It might also have something to do with the schedule being right on top of international challenge of champions this year.

emptypockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It might also have something to do with the schedule being right on top of international challenge of champions this year.

The 4 players in the International Challenge of Champions are also in the U. S. Open (SVB, Orcullo, Chang, and Appleton).

Out of the trick shot artists completing in the World Cup of Trick Shot Mike Dechaine is the only one that normally plays and is missing from the U. S. Open.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member

from mohegansun.com:

Billiards

Tuesday, October 23rd - 3:00pm

Wednesday, October 24th - 3:00pm

Thursday, October 25th - 3:00pm

The Wolf Den

Champions from around the world will go head-to-head in a three-day extravaganza of professional billiards. The International Tournament of Champions presents the top women players in the world.

*Come early. Seating is limited. Must be 21 or older. Times and performers are subject to change.

best,
brian kc

graemeham

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there an official reason from Dennis Hatch for not appearing when he's desperate for Mosconi points?