Cue Accessories Recommendations

kenexcelon

Registered
Hey guys, I've ordered a simple custom cue from Bob Danielson. I need a case that will hold a break and jump cue and possibly 1 to 2 shafts each. What would be a good low cost option for a case that would offer good protection and not scratch anything? Additionally, for owners of bdcues, what shaft maintenance items do you use (conditioners, etc...)? Also, I lost my old cue tip shaper, so I will also need a replacement for that to scuff/reshape cue tips. Is the kamui gator grip a good option? And one more question, what item(s) will I need for cue tip replacement down the road?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just really beginning to be more serious about the game.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetec bowtie works fine. Micro burnishing papers is nice to have too.
The justa bridge comes in handy quite often.
Other than that i have a porper burnisher and a mushroom grazer.
I have joint protectors for all my cues and shafts, not sure if it really is necessary, but better safe than sorry...

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
1. JB Rugged Case. Best protection on the market.....period. Also very affordable.

2.Cue Shark Tip Tool. A little pricey compared to others, but well worth it. Only tool you will ever need for the rest of your life.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Cuetec bowtie works fine. Micro burnishing papers is nice to have too.
The justa bridge comes in handy quite often.
Other than that i have a porper burnisher and a mushroom grazer.
I have joint protectors for all my cues and shafts, not sure if it really is necessary, but better safe than sorry...

I have/had just about one of every tip tool and settled on using the Cuetec Bowtie. It has a shaper, scraper, and needles. Magic Eraser for cleaning the shafts, and a tip kit to replace my own tips...I hate waiting for a tip to be put on. Welcome to AZB. Johnnyt

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Case: JB Rugged 3x4/2x5
Tip Tool: Tiger Le Manifik
Shaft Cleaner: Cue Silk