Addding snooker or billiard table which one?

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
If you had extra space and wanted to try something different would you install snooker or billiard and why?

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would add a snooker table 10' or 12' depending on room size. A great game and the ability to have a golf game going.

Andy

FloridaPoolGal

Registered
We just opened our room and put in a. 10 ft snooker. We had a lot of requests prior to opening. We have only been open a week, but unfortunately have seen very little play on the table. We have a large retirement community and still no golf game going during the day. I'm going to give it a little more time, but it likely will go up for sale, or be converted to a 5x10 traditional pool table.

Danny Kuykendal

Danny K
Silver Member
I've been open 20 yrs, and tried a snooker table twice. Never seemed to really work, plus took up more space. I've had requests for a 3 cushion table, but it's also a foot longer, so will probably not go down that road.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too bad you can't do both. The decision should be based on your market. Unfortunately I see no USBA members residing in Maine and the closest 3C table listed is Amazin Billiards in the Boston area. Tough call but I'll tell you if you get players on the 3C table they will be loyal regular customers. Then eventually you'll need to find room for a second table. Don't have a clue about snooker. The table in St. Louis is rare - moderately played.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I came close to replacing an 8-foot pool table with a 10-foot snooker but decided the novelty would wear off and I'd be waisting space. I love snooker when I get a chance to play but business is business and reality sux.

jschelin99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker table, based simply on the variety of different games that can be played on it.

nbkvig2

Pool Hall Owner
This is an excellent issue and I am kind of currently going through with my newly opened poolhall. We currently have 5 7 footers, 4 9 footers and 4 12 foot snooker tables. It all depends on the market you serve and whether or not there is a market to begin with for snooker. Currently. there's only 1 poolhall in southern California other than my place that has snooker tables. If there is demand for it, I would definitely introduce snooker since the rate is higher than traditional pool. But table cost, maintenance etc. also goes into consideration.

When we first opened up, the idea of the 7 footers were for APA matches. We've been opened for 2 months and we've had more nights than we can count that customers are waiting for 9 footers. We usually have them start off at 7 footers and when a 9 footer opens up we switch them. However, we are probably looking to add in a 9 footer to meet demand.

If this is a brand new poolhall that just opened, I would wait to see what the market demand is first before making any serious changes, both financially and time wise. Your customers should be the #1 indicator for making a big change like layout and tables within the hall.

Mr Nobody

Banned
I grew up playing snooker and the variety of games you can play on that table , but I met some gentlemen from Mexico who got me hooked on 3 cushion !!! These guys can defy science!!! A great game for sure ...The increase in the Latino populace and also Asian would lean me towards 3 cushion . Where I live most people can't spell it or even know it , except for the people I mentioned . As long as the equipment is kept up and the price is reasonable , 3 cushion should be a draw at least . My friends like to hustle a game of carom bola , then switch to one hole and back and forth . Watched Rafael and John Schmidt do that dance with Rafael finally getting it done .My experience with the newer rooms of late , snooker doesn't generate , and you have to cultivate your 3 cushion crowd . Good luck to all who have these games available , and bless them for keeping the games alive !!!:wink:

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We just ordered a heated 10' carom table for our room. (Fusco's, The SPoT)
We have quite a few 3cushion enthusiests around and only a hand full of tables in the area.
Should be in constant use from open till close.

I would have enjoyed a snooker table also but the demand and room required to have one wouldnt be worth it.

Also ......used GC3 for sale........:wink:

Last edited: