Honolulu

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hawaiian Brian's or Velvet Touch.

I prefer Brian's, they have Gold Crowns and they are in pretty good condition (some have pretty slow cloth and rails). They also have a nightclub, bar, etc.

Velvet Touch has a mismatch of tables, almost no parking, and only soda machines.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Hawaiian Brian's or Velvet Touch.

I prefer Brian's, they have Gold Crowns and they are in pretty good condition (some have pretty slow cloth and rails). They also have a nightclub, bar, etc.

Velvet Touch has a mismatch of tables, almost no parking, and only soda machines.

Has Brian's ever replaced those whittled down worn out cue balls?

Albatross Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha

Contact Kobayashi Billiards and find out where Kurt installed the Diamonds. I believe it was at the Velvet Touch but don't quote me on that.

Aloha

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Has Brian's ever replaced those whittled down worn out cue balls?

Nope the red dot cue balls are as small and bouncy as ever, and you're right Albatross Cues Kurt is installing two Diamond tables as of last night at Velvet Touch. He also bought the BCA /CSI League for Hawaii recently and the response has been very positive, here is a list of pros/cons for each place that I can see:

Hawaiian Brian's
Alcohol
Gold Crowns
Slow felt
Small cue balls, red dots
Worn out ball sets
Lots of TV's
Recreational Players

Velvet Touch
Soda only
Mismatched tables
Tournament performing tables (front room only)
Measle balls
Brand new ball sets
A few TV's with quieter atmosphere
A more competitive environment

A lot of guys who gamble or take the game seriously switched to Velvet Touch from Hawaiian Brian's, the equipment, atmosphere and they way they treat players separates the two establishments. Kurt also installed 2 Diamond bar tables in the back room so that it can be a host location for his league, he's trying single-handedly trying to improve the face of Billiards in Hawaii basically ha ha.

If you have any questions just let me know, you can always reach me at fujiwaraneil@gmail.com

Thank you,
Neil

Last edited: