Memorial for Richard ( dickie the Blond Bomber ) Renk on 01/07/17 in Vegas

mbprod

Registered
Scroll down to the 5th reply for the memorial flyer

Hi everyone: we lost a really good pool player and unique individual on 12/15: Richard ( Dickie the Blond Bomber ) Renk.

The above link is to a flyer about a memorial for Dickie this Saturday at Griff's Billiards in Las Vegas. Any players who knew Dickie over the years are more than welcome to come - it will be a celebration of life - smiles not frowns. Dickie would want that.

Pass the word to those who knew him.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The link is broken and does not work.

Do you have another one?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a fairly recent photo of Dickie, before he got sick, from FB.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 676

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dickie Renk is first blond on the left. I am going to guess and say this photo was taken in mid '70s.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 625

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dickie was a good man with probably more gamble than anyone else I've known. I first met him at Bob's Billiards in Anaheim back in about 1983. It was very sad news to hear of his passing and ordeal.

mbprod

Registered
Here is the flyer for the Dickie Renk Memorial this Saturday:

Attachments

• DickieMemorialPost.jpg
    DickieMemorialPost.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 636

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Dickie came up to play in a tournament my dad was hosting in our families pool hall back in the early 90's. All the SoCal local pro's had shown up and Dickie was hitting the balls really good at the time. Dickie got to playing for the hot seat against Jose Parica and got up to a 4-0 lead race to 9. On the fifth rack Dickie got to the 9 ball with the object ball about a foot from the pocket with the cue ball being about 1 foot from the nine. Dickie was down on the shot and while he was stroking the juke box randomly selects a song as it would after 20 minutes with no play. The song just happened to be the song from Pink Floyd that starts off by alarm clocks chiming, instead of popping up and regrouping he stayed down on the shot and he jarred a total gimme shot. Dickie never won another game in that set. And he lost his next match against Morro to take 3rd place. Always the first thing I would think of any time Dickie's name came up since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYxY_P8Vn3k