Vancouver information Please

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on my annual trip to Orca Lodge on Langara Island and f-wad Delta jacked my return flight up, the good news is I get another night in this beautiful city. Are there any locals on here that can recommend a pool hall? Looks like there's a Q1 Billiards less than a mile from the Pacific Gateway where I'm staying. Is this place any good? Is there another one that might be better? Just looking for good tables and good people.

I took a few guys to Gotham Steakhouse last night, which was awesome, but I'm by myself tonight. Anyone know of a good locals only type place?

Thanks for any help.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
You might get a few more responses if you specify which state or country this city of Vancouver is located in.. (Because there are multiple, ya know...)

Short Bus Russ

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might get a few more responses if you specify which state or country this city of Vancouver is located in.. (Because there are multiple, ya know...)

Short Bus Russ

The nice one in BC. Don’t think too many people will think of the one near Portland, but I guess it’s possible. But I doubt it. And chances are anyone who would know anything would recognize the Steakhouse I mentioned. If they don’t, well, I’m not sure their recommendation would mean much.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
The nice one in BC. Don’t think too many people will think of the one near Portland, but I guess it’s possible. But I doubt it. And chances are anyone who would know anything would recognize the Steakhouse I mentioned. If they don’t, well, I’m not sure their recommendation would mean much.

Those of us who played pool in the NW in the 90's know that Vancouver, WA had a very strong pool culture back then, with some of the best smaller bar table tournaments on the West Coast... This is when Dan Louie was in his prime... and often lost to relatively unknown NW champion - Mike Zimmerman. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: There were lot of very strong players in those Vancouver, WA tournaments, with the Halftime Tavern being the biggest supporter of pool in the area.

Short Bus Russ

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I was there then. At Q1 and bored as hell. Nice Diamond tables but no beer. Who has a pool hall without beer? These crazy Canadiens....Guess I will have to get a steak and find a cigar.