Hey AZB...what gives?

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is there zero coverage of The 626 on the front page? Am I missing it? Please tell me I am. Maybe it's already old news?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no coverage of the ginky memorial which is one of the northeast's biggest amateur tournaments aswell.

Give it some time. Maybe someone's on vacation?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Google has it on their main page. A very nice photo of John with a link to the NY Times article.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is there zero coverage of The 626 on the front page? Am I missing it? Please tell me I am. Maybe it's already old news?

Azbilliards takes a fairly random approach to things. It includes Chinese pool winnings in the money list one year, ignores them the next year and the year after that it includes them again. It fronts up about about the Supreme Pool Series (English Pool) but when Karl Boyes (a world champion and a big figure in “American Pool”) wins one of the tournaments it forgets that English pool exists.

To be fair, it’s one of the best places to find out what’s going on. Cuescore is good too as is Alison Chang but there is no single go to place for pool news. We are not there yet.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

Zero coverage of the bi annual multidiscipline 500 player carom event

Zero coverage of the usba national 3c tournament

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
AZHousepro has addressed this in the past.

Organizers are remiss in sending in results.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZHousepro has addressed this in the past.

Organizers are remiss in sending in results.

Maybe they heard about it. It was in the in the NY times. Jesus they crapped the bed on this one. AZ should be the top link if someone googled the story.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Azbilliards takes a fairly random approach to things. It includes Chinese pool winnings in the money list one year, ignores them the next year and the year after that it includes them again. It fronts up about about the Supreme Pool Series (English Pool) but when Karl Boyes (a world champion and a big figure in “American Pool”) wins one of the tournaments it forgets that English pool exists.

To be fair, it’s one of the best places to find out what’s going on. Cuescore is good too as is Alison Chang but there is no single go to place for pool news. We are not there yet.
Yeah how money posts up has alway baffled me too, sometimes action matches total in and sometime they don’t. Organizers being the problem does’t seem legit. This is basically news, the site or publication should pursue the info, not the other way round.
All and all though, I still think AZ is the best we have, and will continue to support.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Rumor has it that AZB plans on coordinating the Schmidt 626 record breaking run announcement on the next Gold Give Away date. ;) :rolleyes:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Staffing

AZB should seek out the news. Staff should include at least a dozen paid roving reporters in the US, a couple for just the Philippines, a couple for the rest of Asia, three or four more for Europe. A handful of paid correspondents to cover the big money matches too. Two or three editors and a handful of staff writers to turn what reporters and correspondents send in into readable stories that are coherent and cohesive and they should have a good start of an organization to go out and seek the news. I want to see a criminal reporter or two also just to keep us updated on crimes committed against people in the pool world like Mike Surber and Edwin Reyes; the shenanigans that people in the pool world are up to also. Probably need a snooker bureau and chinese pool bureau too. Putting together these worldwide news organizations can be complicated.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
“Sending in” results? Ah, it’s the organisers’ fault. Lol.

So often it is the organizer’s fault....I have followed tournaments on AZ....
...and then you can’t even find out who won....not even on their web site...
....eventually it comes from a player, when asked in a post.

When snooker was bigger in my area in the 80s, some people would inform radio, tv, and
newspapers....sometimes there was a response.
Those who just waited to be discovered got nothing.

AZ is still a wonderful pool site...all AZ posters are a source of information...
...and some do great write-ups.....if they’re there...SJM is one of my favorites.
...Terry Hanna is on the ball also...Freddie is great.

All and all, i think we do a pretty good job ourselves....
...if an AZer poster doesn’t know about the 626, he has an attention span of a house fly.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why bite the hand that feeds you?

The forums here pretty much provide real-time coverage of anything going on in the pool world.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, you could watch the stream for free using the live stream forum while the event was in progress and there was an article about the results in AZB headline news.

Don’t cloud this discussion with facts, this is a message board. No need for facts. It just seems to me that this news was bigger than any tournament and deserves some recognition. The fact that it’s not getting any on the main page had me wondering why. Gots to be something.