Any members from San Francisco here? Need help!

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there,

How's the pool scene in SF? I can't find any pool hall beside Family Billiards :smile:

More importantly, I'm looking for car-pooling from San Francisco and/or room sharing for the next stop of the Mezz West State Tour.

I just moved to SF for work, so I'm hoping to find road partners to go to as many of the tournaments as possible :).

Thanks,
Kevin

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi there,

How's the pool scene in SF? I can't find any pool hall beside Family Billiards :smile:
The Billiard Palacade near Mission and Geneva is reasonable but I don't know if there's any action there. Town and Country in Daly City is similar.

There is Tabletop Tap House (former Jillian's) near Howard and 4th. I don't know if the new management cares about pool. If they haven't changed anything, you will want to take your own set of balls.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
doubt if he is looking for action and wanting to be a carpooler.

but there is plenty of public transportation in s.f. to get you most anyplace.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Billiard Palacade near Mission and Geneva is reasonable but I don't know if there's any action there. Town and Country in Daly City is similar.

There is Tabletop Tap House (former Jillian's) near Howard and 4th. I don't know if the new management cares about pool. If they haven't changed anything, you will want to take your own set of balls.

The Billiard Palacade was my first pool room.

Later Town & Country became my home. Back in the day there were those two rooms in the City by the Bay; Van's on Van Ness Avenue; Family Billiards which kept migrating up and down Geary Street (and was conveniently close to my alma mater, the University of San Francisco); for a while a small room in the Sunset District whose name escapes me; and of course the Palace and Cochran's on Market Street. There was also the infamous Bus Stop bar on Union Street.

Nowadays the rents in SF are so high there's not much in the way of pool real estate.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited: