Test

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Camphor burl handle, cored with Purple Heart by Larry Vigus.

Attachments

• 20200419_180258.jpg
    20200419_180258.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of the people on here were saying that the butts of these cues were hollow.

The depth of the holes in the end of the cues are different, based upon the cue.

The depth of the hole on this cue is roughly 3/4".

Look a the pen and the tape measure.

The plug on the bottom of the bumper almost touches the bottom of the hole when it is inserted.

Somebody else questioned if they were really made of ebony. Look and see.

Any little specks you see on the cues came from the bed spread. They aren't something in the finish. Look at the fuzz on the bed spread.

Attachments

• 20200420_162536 (2).jpg
    20200420_162536 (2).jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 443
  • 20200420_162505[1].jpg
    20200420_162505[1].jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 440
  • 20200420_161655[1].jpg
    20200420_161655[1].jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 438
  • 20200420_161929[1].jpg
    20200420_161929[1].jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 459
  • 20200420_162114[1].jpg
    20200420_162114[1].jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, which one of you are going to say somebody else didn't touch my cue?

Attachments

• Larry Vigus Camphor Burll Handle.JPG
    Larry Vigus Camphor Burll Handle.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why did you decide to have it cored and do you think it is representative of the cues Dean sold as Jackpots, now that Vigus has worked it over?

Thanks for asking, BB. it was a throwaway cue. I was just trying to see how it would work out.

And yes, I will continue to argue I am happy with my Jackpot. And feign ignorance about the Jackpot scam, coz I am happy with my Jack-us

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why did you decide to have it cored and do you think it is representative of the cues Dean sold as Jackpots, now that Vigus has worked it over?

Thanks for asking, BB. it was a throwaway cue. I was just trying to see how it would work out.

And yes, I will continue to argue I am happy with my Jackpot. And feign ignorance about the Jackpot scam, coz I am happy with my Jack-us

I didn't decide anything.

I got a cue.

Got two.

How many you got?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't decide anything.

I got a cue.

Got two.

How many you got?

Way to focus on a single word. Perhaps the least relevant to the questions.

you didn't pay what others did and had MAJOR work done on yours damn near immediately.

Why do you continue to act like your experience is anything like the Joe who looked at $500 cues and then went with Dean's Jackpot offer, only to end up with a sub $200 cue?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to focus on a single word. Perhaps the least relevant to the questions.

you didn't pay what others did and had MAJOR work done on yours damn near immediately.

Why do you continue to act like your experience is anything like the Joe who looked at $500 cues and then went with Dean's Jackpot offer, only to end up with a sub $200 cue?

I didn't have any work done on my cues.

The cues are exactly like I received them.

Do you think I sent one back to get the handle chopped off and replaced?

Get out of the haze.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Missed this one, I'll say we have had different views on the whole Dean thing. But seeing all the folks who thought you had Larry core the cue >after< you got it is pretty hilarious. Of course, it came that way.

It looks to be a very pretty cue and it is cool that Larry did the coring on the handle.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting ...so the cue that you spent so much time bragging about isn't even truly a Jackpot. It's a cue that wasn't good enough for the original owner, that they had to have Vigus core it and make it play better.

All this shows me is that you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about, and were purely trying to be argumentative.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Interesting ...so the cue that you spent so much time bragging about isn't even truly a Jackpot. It's a cue that wasn't good enough for the original owner, that they had to have Vigus core it and make it play better.

All this shows me is that you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about, and were purely trying to be argumentative.

Handle wood was cored before the cue was assembled.

Dean wanted some unique handle wood for the second batch of cues. Some people sent him some camphor and redwood. Both are to light and unstable to use without coring. I was coring some things for me and Dean asked if I could core the wood for him.

Larry

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Handle wood was cored before the cue was assembled.

Dean wanted some unique handle wood for the second batch of cues. Some people sent him some camphor and redwood. Both are to light and unstable to use without coring. I was coring some things for me and Dean asked if I could core the wood for him.

Larry
Fair enough, thank you for the clarification.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you were to bother reading all my posts, you would see that I've said multiple times I have two Jackpot cues.

One from the original batch with a maple handle and this one from the second batch with a camphor burl handle.

The cues are exactly as I received them.

There has been nothing done to the cues from the time they were originally made.

In edit: (added photo)

The cue on the top is a Jackpot from the second batch. It is ebony with a camphor burl handle, cored with purple heart by Larry Vigus. It is a 60 inch cue.

The cue in the middle is a John Chaplin cue. It is cocobolo with a sindora burl handle and the entire butt is cored with purple heart. It is a 58 inch cue.

The cue on the bottom is a Jackpot from the first batch. It is ebony with a maple handle and is a 58" cue.

Attachments

• 3 amigos cues.jpg
    3 amigos cues.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
I think the point is that there is a lot more to the jackpot story behind the scenes than Dean had Schmelke throw together some cues to try to make a buck.

I have some camphor burl that looks almost like that I'm planning to use.

How it leaked out into the test forum is anyone's guess:grin:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got two more Jackpot shafts in the mail this week.

Gives me a total of 7 Jackpot shafts to interchange between the two Jackpot butts..