Scott Frost - Efren Reyes 2016 DCC One pocket match

scarygary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Frost - Efren Reyes 2016 DCC One pocket match - SPOILER ALERT!

So Accu-stats published another one pocket match on youtube the other day. Great match featuring Efren and Scott in a short race to 3 from the 2016 DCC. I just loved the ending. Efren rolling in a long tough cut and uncharacteristically going "Yeah!" while Jerry Matchin is in the background looking like he's wondering what just happened. :)

efren.jpg

Here's a link to the match if you haven't seen it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfmIrRPaMvY

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Come-on with the spoiler I was in the middle of the match

Another note, I don't like Frost's table manners
Running up to the table before Efren even moves after he shoots while the balls still moving

Or walking all the way around and standing behind efren having a look at the leave

Gamesmanship or not, I don't care for that

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Running up to the table before Efren even moves after he shoots while the balls still moving

Or walking all the way around and standing behind efren having a look at the leave

I hate that too.
Every once in a while I will catch myself doing one or
the other. I cringe everytime.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member

He's the worst. You should see him in real life. He whines, pisses and cries the whole time the other guy is shooting. He also hovers over the table when it's not his turn. Makes it easy to cheer for the other guy.

I watched the match last night. It comes right down to the end! It's a fun one to watch.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So Accu-stats published another one pocket match on youtube the other day. Great match featuring Efren and Scott in a short race to 3 from the 2016 DCC. I just loved the ending. Efren rolling in a long tough cut and uncharacteristically going "Yeah!" while Jerry Matchin is in the background looking like he's wondering what just happened. :)

View attachment 553395

Here's a link to the match if you haven't seen it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfmIrRPaMvY

Great match, thanks for posting.

Lot's of good stuff. Good to see Scott "Hairdo by Hand Grenade" Smith reffing; lot's of familiar faces in the audience; only had to yell at DL a couple of times; and at least three shots that took me by surprise.

Lou Figueroa

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Deja vu.......last two hits in that game were the same as the year before...I was there.
Scott scratches to the middle of the end rail...Efren dead weights a spot shot...
...and left nothing if he missed.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

couldn't agree more. frost is a good 1p player, but physical intimidation, bad manners and insults doesn't belong in pro pool imo

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You should of heard him in 2019 DCC when I was beating him. He only shut up when I got a horrible roll and he was able win the critical game.

Lucasi53

Registered
mental mistake

My first thought was SF made a mental mistake - thinking ER would have the same shot/decision and forgot about the ball coming on the spot. PT109 said the same scenario presented itself a year ago with same result. This gave ER a free shot (although not easy). Didn’t make sense to me??

Only watched SF on video, but does much theatrics when table doesn’t react in his favor.

Good match to watch.