Fatboy---A+

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member
This is a little overdue, but it's taken some time to get home and get back sttled in, so here goes. A couple of weeks ago, Josh "Dagwoodz" J. and myself, along with Shannon Daulton and Marge were out in Las Vegas for a few days during Josh's R & R from Afghanistan. While out there, Fatboy was nice enough to invite us out to his house. While the property (I really wanna say compound, lol) is absolutely INSANE, I was much more impressed with the hospitality shown to us while we were there. From taking the time to take us on the grand tour (which took quite a while, as the area is VERY large and has some absolutely amazing things to see) to entertaining us with a partners one hole game, Eric and his girlfriend were nothing short of first class to us, especially when it came to showing respect for Josh's military service. I know that there have been several threads started about similar experiences with Fatboy, but we were treated so well it most definetly deserves another... Thank you, Matt Bulfin

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Glad you guys had a nice visit with Eric and that was part of Josh's R&R.
Couldn't make it to Vegas last May but one of these years, I will get to meet Eric too.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
This is a little overdue, but it's taken some time to get home and get back sttled in, so here goes. A couple of weeks ago, Josh "Dagwoodz" J. and myself, along with Shannon Daulton and Marge were out in Las Vegas for a few days during Josh's R & R from Afghanistan. While out there, Fatboy was nice enough to invite us out to his house. While the property (I really wanna say compound, lol) is absolutely INSANE, I was much more impressed with the hospitality shown to us while we were there. From taking the time to take us on the grand tour (which took quite a while, as the area is VERY large and has some absolutely amazing things to see) to entertaining us with a partners one hole game, Eric and his girlfriend were nothing short of first class to us, especially when it came to showing respect for Josh's military service. I know that there have been several threads started about similar experiences with Fatboy, but we were treated so well it most definetly deserves another... Thank you, Matt Bulfin

I would love to have been able to have made it out. It has been a while since I have seen you fellers and hangin' out at Eric's shack would have been tough but fun. I am going to make it out that way one of these days.

When is Dagz back for good, It is Jan I think isn't it? Is he gonna be back in time for Derby?

Dagwoodz

the dude abides...
Silver Member
Thank you so much Eric and Kelly!

Thanks for posting Matt...

Yeah, I was lucky enough to be able to get to Vegas for my R&R with some of my very best friends...Matt, Shannon and Marge. While we were there we had the good fortune to head on over to Eric's place and see the little shack he's living in. I joke, because I can very easily say that this was the nicest and most impressive property I've ever seen...and I've been through Hurst Castle in California and the Breakers up in Newport, RI. Pictures really can't do this place justice. I did try however...mostly of the interior, and some of his stable of vehicles...not to be confused with his actual stables...lol. Eric's S.O., Kelly, took the time to walk us around and show us some of the highlights of the property...and it still took us an hour + to get the tour in.

I have to say though, as incredible as his place was, it paled in comparison to Eric and Kelly. You would be hard pressed to find better and more honest people out there. They really do enjoy just sharing what they have with friends, which is such a breath of fresh air. I count myself very blessed to have met them both and look forward to when I could pay back the kindness they showed me, and my friends.

Below are a few pictures that I took while there...

Fatboy's Tennis court...

IMG_0137.jpg

An outdoor walkway right outside the pool room...on one of the houses in the complex....

IMG_0123.jpg

Marge oggling a fully race ready, and raced, Lamborghini (was my pick of the litter)

IMG_0134.jpg

The two Lamborghini Countache's...

IMG_0127.jpg

the front door to the main house...

IMG_0149.jpg

and the front foyer it leads to...

IMG_0150.jpg

The snooker room...that's a 12' Reilly under the cover...

IMG_0144.jpg

One part of the kitchen...

IMG_0138.jpg

The espresso machine...wow...lol.

IMG_0140.jpg

There are more pictures...if you follow this link they should be in there. Haven't added captions yet, so please bear with me. I'll get them added. ***EDIT the Captions on my photobucket album have been added as of about 8:30am Saturday morning!

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb96/Dagwoodz/pool/The Fatboy Album/?start=0

Again, more than anything else, I was blown away by the hospitality shown to us by Eric and Kelly. I will most definitely make it a point to get to Vegas and see them once again; and hopefully be able to repay, in some fashion, the kindness they've shown us. Thanks Eric and Kelly for an unforgettable visit!

Josh

Last edited:

Dagwoodz

the dude abides...
Silver Member
I would love to have been able to have made it out. It has been a while since I have seen you fellers and hangin' out at Eric's shack would have been tough but fun. I am going to make it out that way one of these days.

When is Dagz back for good, It is Jan I think isn't it? Is he gonna be back in time for Derby?

Looks like I'm not going to be back until mid-late February. Really sucks, cause I know that there's a chance that SD is going to get inducted into the HOF this year, and was looking forward to getting up there for that. We'll see as things shape up more.

Would have been nice to have you out there Ktown...was a good time.

Josh

Dagwoodz

the dude abides...
Silver Member
Marge is going to kill me because there are some of her in these pictures.

Sorry Marge...you kinda snuck in there! lol

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without a doubt, Eric and Kelly are the stone-cold nuts. Eric is willing to befriend anyone who like pool. Even though he has some of the best players of the planet visiting his game room, he still tolerates guys like me who have trouble hitting the end rail 2 out of 3 times. But, because we like to play pool, analyze the game and talk about the interesting players this game attracts, we hit it off really well.

We are indeed lucky to have Fatboy in our pool community.

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member

Yeah, it was impressive. When he does get back, maybe we will get up there to another tourney at Breaker's (my resume up there is pretty good except for the finals, lol). Looking forward to CFB this yeat, and I think you guys got a pretty good coach. Hope all is well in the Volunteer state, Matt