Measure cueball break speeds among other things

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
My experience with the app is that it is very susceptible to a variety of noises that throw it off. A big one is the bounce of the cueball when you hit a nice pop. I must say that 1) I rarely get better than 60 or 70% legit readings with the app, and 2) It is vastly better in all ways on an iphone vs an android. When the app is working well, it is fantastic. If you are willing to invest serious money into a radar gun, that can be a very nice setup as well. But, um, the app is $4.99...so end of discussion.

KMRUNOUT

What is the difference between the iphone & Android? I have an Android that I probably used 100 times the check break speed without a single funny reading yet. I also use it at home so there is not much ambient noise.

RBC

Deceased
The Break Speed app is great. Paul Nettle is a local here and it was really cool to see him go through the stages with it. I'm happy that it's worked out well.

The only time I really see any issues, other than background noise, is when the user doesn't place the cue ball in the app the same as he places it on the table or chooses the wrong table size. The app has to know how far the cue ball is traveling in order the calculate the speed from time.

Royce