Opinions Needed Regarding Guerra Cues

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Do you have a cue on order from me by any chance?
Let's not use profanity please.
I don't wish to my worst enemy what happened to me alright Matt? So let's keep it clean and civil.
It will take me a while to get back on track but at least my shop is on the way to be finalized and be up and running.
I basically lost everything (including a 500k home and my kids) I was able to keep my pool cue building equipment.
So, don't judge me. My work speaks for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great looking cues

Hi I have been admiring Guerra Cues for awhile now, but never seen one in person. I'm just wanting some opinions on these cues such as playability and craftsmanship. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated before I place an order.

Thanks!!

Received my cue in 10/2014 after 10 month wait. Was well worth it. Tony uses the prettiest woods. Mine is cocobolo w/birdseye maple handle. Tony talked me into the birdseye, glad he did. Will try to get pics on here(never did it before).

jim_vielee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a big Cue from him which has a problem, so send it back to him that was now 3 years ago, still n my Money back or a new Cue which he promised so many times to get, so many times only bla bla bla.
One Friend in Germany paid him a deposit and also only bla bla bla.
Sorry Tony, if you read this you know that's the TRUE.

He divorce, married again and moving the Shop which is true and promised now I will get my new Cue soon, I really "HOPE" it will come true.
Ralf

After numerous private messages I have received complaining about Guerra Cues lack of customer service skills I have decided to look into other cuemakers. I just don't feel comfortable putting deposit on a custom cue from Tony at this time. I don't need the headache.

Last edited:

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
After numerous private messages I have received complaining about Guerra Cues lack of customer service skills I have decided to look into other cuemakers. I just don't feel comfortable putting deposit on a custom cue from Tony at this time. I don't need the headache.

No need for headaches. I already explained why my lack of communication was going on for the last year.
FYI, I'm not a full time Cuemaker. As soon as this overdue cues are done and delivered I will be making available whatever I make as well.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Guerra,

I do not have a cue with you.....I know 3 other Azers that do and one of them is a very close friend.
I do not like to use vulgarities and the use of the term bullshit is an accurate description and not vulgar.

Just take care of your customers the right way from here on out & you should fare just fine in the future.
People are measured by their actions, not their comments and so just be the nice guy you appear to be.

I also lost everything or so it seems.....married 26 years....4 children.....lost the house, pool table, boat, 1/2 my IRA investments, blah....blah....blah.....you either suck it up and push on or crawl away and feel sorry for yourself and a woeful situation......mine was awful, and undoubtedly so is yours, but as men, we have to cope with what life throws at us....what are the options? To hide in the foxhole and hope that the whizzing bullets or the enemy doesn't locate us? Dunno about you but I'm attaching my bayonet and taking someone with me.......we fight back or else become a POW......I always fight back!

I think you are someone that probably stayed on the ropes a little too long taking blows but you're ready now for the next round......I wish you success but that is in your hands. How you treat your customers will determine whether you have a future in cue-making or merely a sordid past.......I am betting you will bounce back and earn praise and appreciation but if you continue on the path you've been travelling, you are doomed......the angry villagers will hunt you down and it won't be pretty.......but that's the flip side of the coin that I hope never comes to fruition.

Matt B.

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
Matt,

Life goes on, that's my attitude. You live and forgive. My customers are awesome and they will have more than what they paid for. It's a promise I made to them.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any more opinions regarding Guerra Cues?

Amazing to me that you would even consider using him with all the great cues being made by honest,hard working,do what they say they will do,cuemakers out there. If guerra cues appeal to you,look into wes hunter cues,very similar woods and designs,but never a bad word about hunter classics and his cues play fantastic according to all the reviews i have read. I personally prefer larry vigus cues over everybody,but his cues are very hard to come by,as he doesn,t take orders,he simply builds cues that he likes,and if you have contacted him to let him know you want one,he will send you pictures when he finishes one. He will say how much he would take,and you can buy it or pass,no harm no foul.his prices are very fair,especially for the amount of work and,most importantly,HOW THEY PLAY. He also does not want,or allow,you to send him any money(deposit). He builds a cue and if you want it,pay him. Best business model ever.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any more opinions regarding Guerra Cues?

If you simply really want one of his cues,only buy one off the second hand market(you will save quite a bit of money,as his cues seem to lose value pretty quick) if then you absolutely love how it plays,contact him and tell him you are VERY concerned with others bad experiences with delivery dates,etc... With buying cues from him. Use your instincts when he explains WHY your experience will be different if you order a cue. If he steps up, and maybe offers to build without a deposit, or at least a very small one,then do what your gut tells you. I don,t know how many customs you have ordered,but,when cuemakers are sketchy... They either step up and go way above and beyond to repair their rep., and everyone would be posting about how great a job he did to make things right,or you hear nothing,like right now,and eventually you never hear anything out of them and they fade away,along with lots of peoples money.why bother man.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW i also love the looks of his merry widow cues,especially his burls and ebony cues. I would only buy one from someone on here or facebook. You will save alot of money,and can see how they play before moving forward with considering putting your hard earned money in his pocket,and waiting up to 1-5 years for a cue that may or may not even get made.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi I have been admiring Guerra Cues for awhile now, but never seen one in person. I'm just wanting some opinions on these cues such as playability and craftsmanship. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated before I place an order.

Thanks!!

His cues are ok (nothing to write home about), but he’s an idiot.

jim_vielee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His cues are ok (nothing to write home about), but he’s an idiot.

I was at the expo couple of years ago and was hoping to check one out in person but no one had any of his cues. Plus I never see any of his cues on the secondary market. I figured his cues were really hot and he was one of the top up and coming cuemakers.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a big Cue from him which has a problem, so send it back to him that was now 3 years ago, still n my Money back or a new Cue which he promised so many times to get, so many times only bla bla bla.
One Friend in Germany paid him a deposit and also only bla bla bla.
Sorry Tony, if you read this you know that's the TRUE.

He divorce, married again and moving the Shop which is true and promised now I will get my new Cue soon, I really "HOPE" it will come true.
Ralf

I see two years later and you received your cue but the finish was off, what ever happened with the finish issues, did you mail it back ?

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=475582

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guerra Cues......"Caveat Emptor Is Only Prudent"

Read post #25 but this time pay close attention to the date of my post.
Scott ultimately has gotten his cue but not without undue hardship & delay.

It took two (2) more years of frustration and delays before he received his cue.
If anyone wants details, contact 9ballcrew or myself. It was a terrible experience.

Matt B.