《☆》Ca$h Cues 《☆》

breakandrun

3 Stars and a Sun
Silver Member
Ca$h Cues

I have owned almost every cues from all makers but something about these cues that really caught my liking. Plays phenomenal and at par with all the best cues I've had. I wish they are still making cues still. All I know is that they had a short run and came from McDaniel shop. Their ferruleless shafts are awesome. Enjoy the pictures.

77f8977d138c946dfa6e1d8ae16b7da8.jpg
1577d19d94fafe59305b82f27f49f117.jpg
8c388518db15959aa0c6c85f66c7d7d6.jpg
1df1f84a89a06faefa6938e5802f41d9.jpg
a53b773247cf20d153b70ea46781e800.jpg
cda5e3a6da94fbdd16001b3682a45489.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They made me a ferruless shaft to test for them and it played great. My biggest challenge with not ferrule is how dirty the shaft would get but with the newer less dusty chalks that it probably not a big an issues these days.

Great line up, I had a couple of their Merry Widow cues than they played jam up.

Thanks for sharing and play with them in the greatest of health.

Here is a link to the quick review I did on the Cash Cue ferruleless shaft. They made great cues unfortunately if I recall correctly things didn't end well for them and some of their customers.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?156882&p=2022033#post2022033

-don

Last edited:

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You hit the Jackpot in more ways than one with that one piece BEM. Stunning quality cues!

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Outstanding!! I have 3 of their ferrule-less shafts, and they are excellent.
These cues are made in the same way, with the same equipment, by the same people, that were working under Bill in his final years in the shop. No wonder they play so well!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had

Had several McDaniels and thought they played as well or better then any higher priced cues . I think the boys got wiped out by their shop being flooded.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I wish there was more info available on who was building them. I remember a guy named Tommy (?) on here that was peddling them. He ended up cheating several people out of money, and ended up killing the line for the actual builders. I heard great things when they were being made.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I had a similar Cue as the middle ones, made for me by Tommy. It had an IV Joint and Hoppe ring.
RG

Last edited:

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish there was more info available on who was building them. I remember a guy named Tommy (?) on here that was peddling them. He ended up cheating several people out of money, and ended up killing the line for the actual builders. I heard great things when they were being made.

Tony Clifton and Jess June were the primary guys - both worked years under Bill.
They produced two lines. The Thoroughbred line was a higher price point, very short lived, and was some very, very nice work. I saw a number of pics, they were somethin'. One was a beautiful, classic, Bushkaesque model. It was stolen, from the shop iirc, and the experience pretty much drove Tony out the door.
The Cash cues line was more of a player's cue price point - still very high quality, as you've come to know. That included the ferrule-less shafts.

Tommy Hindman (later believed to be Sam Engles), is who you're referring to that seems to have been a problem. Posted here as hangemhigh and was roundly liked and respected for a long time. I have to say that I was really disappointed in the later news.
I was lucky I guess. I sent over $2500 in cash / money orders to him for a Cash cue, and later ferrule-less shafts. Never so much as a wrong step with me.
Too bad.
There was a damn fine product coming outta that shop. Don't know what became of Jess June. He & Tony certainly deserved better.

breakandrun

3 Stars and a Sun
Silver Member
Good info there sir. I really like how they play especially the big pin ones.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Tony Clifton and Jess June were the primary guys - both worked years under Bill.
They produced two lines. The Thoroughbred line was a higher price point, very short lived, and was some very, very nice work. I saw a number of pics, they were somethin'. One was a beautiful, classic, Bushkaesque model. It was stolen, from the shop iirc, and the experience pretty much drove Tony out the door.
The Cash cues line was more of a player's cue price point - still very high quality, as you've come to know. That included the ferrule-less shafts.

Tommy Hindman (later believed to be Sam Engles), is who you're referring to that seems to have been a problem. Posted here as hangemhigh and was roundly liked and respected for a long time. I have to say that I was really disappointed in the later news.
I was lucky I guess. I sent over $2500 in cash / money orders to him for a Cash cue, and later ferrule-less shafts. Never so much as a wrong step with me.
Too bad.
There was a damn fine product coming outta that shop. Don't know what became of Jess June. He & Tony certainly deserved better.

Thanks for the followup. Sent you some greens.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a similar Cue as the middle ones, made for me by Tommy. It had an IV Joint and Hoppe ring.
RG

I really enjoyed Tommy (hangemhigh), and I know you did, too, Ralf.
Treated me really well. I don't claim to know exactly what line was drawn or crossed where in the Cash cues end of life issue. Just regret that it happened & want to make it clear that Tommy was never less than straight up with me - and he had plenty of opportunity to be otherwise. For the record.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really enjoyed Tommy (hangemhigh), and I know you did, too, Ralf.
Treated me really well. I don't claim to know exactly what line was drawn or crossed where in the Cash cues end of life issue. Just regret that it happened & want to make it clear that Tommy was never less than straight up with me - and he had plenty of opportunity to be otherwise. For the record.

My experiences with Tommy were all very positive as well. I bought a few cues and had a couple of the ferruleless shafts made. I wish they were all still around making cues.

-don