Nashville Pool Scene??

Adam Brown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alright I need some help.... I can't decide where to go shoot some. I'm in town for a couple of days and just want to see a new place and have a good time.

Do I go to JOB or Buffalo's? If there is another must go place someone let me know.

Thanks, Adam

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nashville Scene

JOB is the place to go.

Buffalo has a nice layout, and during the week it's easy to get a table. But, the tables are dirty. The last time I was there the table felt was cut, and the tables hadn't been cleaned in days/weeks. They're all 9' GC tables.

When I asked the bartender about a brush, she was clueless. It appears to me the place is for he tourist crowd.

JOB is in a strip mall, and is for the pool crowd. They have ~5-6 nine foot tables, and I'd say 12-14 seven foot tables, and most if not all of them are Diamond. Plus, if you want to find a "game", I feel it is there and not Buffalo.

I travel for business, and Nashville is a place I go to 4-5 times a year. Trust me on this one.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't forget about Jon Hennessee's poolroom 'the lucky break' in Manchester. Southeast of Nashville, right off I 40.

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JOB for sure. Pick you up an Alex Brick jump cue while you are there,you won't be sorry.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ih82luz...JOB's is NOT in a strip mall. It's in it's own separate building, next to a strip mall, but not part of it. A great place to play, though!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

JOB is the place to go. JOB is in a strip mall, and is for the pool crowd. They have ~5-6 nine foot tables, and I'd say 12-14 seven foot tables, and most if not all of them are Diamond. Plus, if you want to find a "game", I feel it is there and not Buffalo.

I travel for business, and Nashville is a place I go to 4-5 times a year. Trust me on this one.

Adam Brown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

JOB it is then. I will try it Tuesday after work. Maybe I'll run into someone on here, who knows.

Adam

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I've been spending quite a bit of time in Nashville for family matters so I haven't had a chance to go in this place,but right across the street within reasonable walking distance of the main entrance for Vanderbilt University Hospital's main entrance,there is a place called H Cue's Upstairs Billiards.

It has a website so you can look it up. It has 9 footers,Robinson's I think,food and beer and looks like a cool place,but parking to get to it could be a PAIN. Tommy D.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ih82luz...JOB's is NOT in a strip mall. It's in it's own separate building, next to a strip mall, but not part of it. A great place to play, though!

I'll leave it to others to describe a strip mall. But, it does not stand alone. It fills the space in a shopping mall/strip mall/shopping plaza.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JOB's is part of what was called Madison Square shopping Center. 40 yrs ago it was the place to 'cruise'. JOB's is underneath another business. It used to be a restaurant called 'Lazy Susan' back then. I lived within a mile for many years.

Scott, I'd have to say it is part of a strip mall. There must be 30-40 other business's located in the same complex. If you have never been on the other side of JOB's it would be real easy to be mistaken.

If you go to Google Earth and search for Madison Square shopping center, Madison Tn it shows it with a 2014 photo.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to JOB's in May when I was in Nashville for work. It was a cool place and talked to some nice people but the smoking killed me. We haven't had smoking in CT for years now and I just couldn't fade it.
Plus the night I went there they had a big league event going on so the place was packed.
If I make it back to Nashville any time soon I will try JOB's again but will also consider taking the ride down to Jon Hennessee's place.

By the way I loved Nashville, it was my first time there and would go back in a heartbeat given the chance.

Adam Brown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

I tried out JOB Tuesday about noon. I was expecting something different than what I got. There may have been about 10 people there then. I rented some sticks because I didn't have mine and lucked up with a Lucasi sneaky. I was put in the back room with the bleacher seating. I really enjoyed my visit. I took a friend with me that doesn't do the whole pool thing and he really enjoyed it too. I will go back given the chance. I would like to see it on a Friday night at about 9 pm or so.