what is wrong w/ shipping????

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its amazing any packages get there at all with the terrible writing you see on the package as to where it is supposed to go.

BadEnglish

Registered
It's a mess right now, particularly if you ship internationally. I shipped something to Italy on March 18th and it just got delivered today. Shipments to Canada have been almost as been. Domestically, I had a package take an extra week to get to me, but at least it got here.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I'd be curious to know if they are offering refunds right now. Most of the shipping services have disclaimers about potential delays.

Only on "guaranteed" services like Express, and even next day shipping isn't guaranteed for 2 days typically. The logistics experts understand there is a pandemic right now.

If you order anything through a shipping service, expect to wait

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered a pair of boots May 6th. Shipped USPS. Arriving today, May 14th. More then double time then normal, but at least it's getting here. Well, its not here yet, but is close.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost No standard flights are flying. They carried lots of mail and packages and are no longer an option so UPS and The Fed Ex fleet are pretty much it and overloaded no doubt. The USPS does NOT have its own fleet of Planes.

stumpie71

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had some issues recently as well. One package was supposed to be delivered Saturday by 12 and arrived yesterday. Left Ga on Friday arrived in NC Friday evening and took a tour of NC . It went by truck to 4 different processing centers across NC before catching a flight here Tues and delivered yesterday around 1130.

Another was lost in Louisville for a few days coming from Indiana. The other 2 packages with the order arrived on time. Funny thing was it kept getting scanned daily :confused: just not put onto the plane .

I get around 3-5 packages a week, other than those 2 incidents everything else has been arriving as scheduled.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've ordered a lot of things online during the pandemic, everything from bulk items (Sams Club), to a Camp Chef Griddle, and antibacterial soap over the last few months. Even replaced a willow tree sculpture that accidentally got broken a few weeks ago. The shipping has been about what you'd expect. Most Prime items arrive in a week give or take a day, rather than the previous 2 days they used to deliver in.

We've received a few items via USPS and they're a bit slower, but nothing worse than a week or two to arrive. Same for the Sams Club items. If they're in stock, they arrive in a reasonable amount of time given the current situation.

The lone exception was some wasp traps we ordered 7 weeks ago on Amazon, which turned out to be shipped from China and just came in yesterday. Shipping delays should be expected right now. If I were going to complain, which I'm not, I would simply expect reliable tracking, as opposed to expedited shipping, given the pandemic.