What Do yall think about this Cocobolo

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member
I picked this up from the local wood supplier......It started as a 3"x1.5"x 6 foot board and I cut it up into 4 12", 4 18", and 4 6" pieces and was left with 4 1/8 inch pieces..This is by far the nicest cocobolo I have had the chance to pick up....what do yall think:thumbup:
DSC01955.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

p.s. There are some random pieces of purpleheart:embarrassed2:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I picked this up from the local wood supplier......It started as a 3"x1.5"x 6 foot board and I cut it up into 4 12", 4 18", and 4 6" pieces and was left with 4 1/8 inch pieces..This is by far the nicest cocobolo I have had the chance to pick up....what do yall think:thumbup:

It is some nice looking wood, is it reduced in moisture content or still green?

In addition, I hope you wear some good respiratory protection when cutting it and that you have a very very good dust collection system.

Take Care

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member
Its been sitting there awhile and very seasoned....I wear a dusk mask but it only does so much....and the only dusk collection I have is a broom and a vac...;) The price I paid was amazing...I was scared to even cut it up

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Its been sitting there awhile and very seasoned....I wear a dusk mask but it only does so much....and the only dusk collection I have is a broom and a vac...;) The price I paid was amazing...I was scared to even cut it up

Are any for sale?
Looking for really good piece..

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member
I dunno...my gut says I might not find anymore quite as nice.....send me a pm on what your proposing and I'll have to think about it....I really like this cocobolo...really vivid color lines...

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member
So I didn't clean up after I cut this and then I went back a few hours later and spent a couple of hours in the shop....big mistake....lol.....man this stuff is potent.