Our Friday night in houwse tournament

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every Friday night in my home poolroom we have a tournament which is a lot of fun.
$8 green fees and $3 dollar per ticket for a raffle in a cumulative 9 ball break and run
Race to two. One game of 8 ball and one of 9ball modified BCA rules. Double elimination. Lag for break. Winner of lag chooses either to break or chooses which game to play first. In a race to two anything can happen and I have reached the finals twice, once from the hot seat.
We get a turnout of anywhere from 10 to 20 players. It's a fun night. Payouts are about $55 for first and $35 for runner up. I am a low B player in my poolroom. Last night we had a very strong field. I had a bye to start the night. My first match was against an A player on the Mezz tour which is a notch below pro level. In two games I got up to shoot once and was lucky to do that. My second match was against a B player on that same tour. I know and have played with and against both of these guys and they are real gentlemen. Matches began at 8:30 and I was out the door at 10. It was a pleasure to watch these guys shoot.