Instroke Case Complaint

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Santa brought me a beautiful Instroke Southwest 3x7. I love using it and it's beautiful. I have only one complaint and was curious if anyone else has the same problem. I find the shoulder strap, let out all the way, is not long enough and it is always slipping off my shoulder. I have other cases and this is the only one that does that.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hm, I don't have a problem with mine. I'm actually one hole away from having it all the way let out I think.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Contact the mfg, Maybe they have or will fabricate a longer strap. Is it detachable or fixed?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Santa brought me a beautiful Instroke Southwest 3x7. I love using it and it's beautiful. I have only one complaint and was curious if anyone else has the same problem. I find the shoulder strap, let out all the way, is not long enough and it is always slipping off my shoulder. I have other cases and this is the only one that does that.

I started a thread a couple of months ago, and got hammered for dare questioning Instrokes strap (too small to narrow) and the bottom pads that seem to slip too much. Great cases, just need a little tweaking imho.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started a thread a couple of months ago, and got hammered for dare questioning Instrokes strap (too small to narrow) and the bottom pads that seem to slip too much. Great cases, just need a little tweaking imho.

Agreed. Love mine and you can see they are built for a lifetime. After getting a few more responses I will call Instroke and see what they have to say and if they have a "suitable" fix.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Agreed. Love mine and you can see they are built for a lifetime. After getting a few more responses I will call Instroke and see what they have to say and if they have a "suitable" fix.

I just used a good laptop case strap with a big, wide pad, and it's worked great thus far.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Now that part I do have a problem with! I would love to have some non-slip rubber feet on there. I like the leather, the pocket setup, and the tube interior....but I really miss the non-slip rubber pad on my JB Rugged case.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
FWIW I took all the things that I developed when I owned Instroke and tried to improve on them. We are still improving. Some of the things mentioned in this thread are things that I wanted to change while at Instroke and was shut down on. Which was one of the main reasons why I sold my interest in the brand that I had created.

Anyone who can't find the solution they want with an Instroke case can ask us to build them a custom solution that meets their needs. Our shoulder pads are more padded with non-slip rubber on the bottom or with suede on the leather cases to grip the shoulder. They also are made dog bone style to nestle into the shoulder a little more. Our straps tend to be longer for any sized person or clothing layers.

If you have an Instroke that you want to modify you can add rubber to the pad. You can buy aftermarket straps, you can have any competent leather worker build you a new strap or a new pad or both. You can have an extension built for the strap that will add length.

How I started building cases was through modification of my J.E.F. Q Case. Don't be afraid to experiment and modify to suit your needs.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hope you solve your problem
personally i prefer 2 straps like a back pack
the cue case sits in the middle of my back and is much more comfortable to carry for me

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, Santa spent a good bit of money on my Southwest. It is brown and tan and I would like the strap to match.

Sure thing. It's a nice case and you take pride in it. Find someone that can modify to match or accent it. Spend a little to upgrade/customize it. Make it your
personalized one of a kind.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know how the bottom of the Instroke case is made? Wondering what the options/possibilities would be for removing the plastic feet and replacing them with some rubber feet of some sort. If it was a block of wood like I know some cases have it would be possible maybe.

Also, that shoulder strap pad looks like a nice solution! I don't carry my case far very often so I don't have a problem with the stock setup, but if I ever get to DCC or something where I know I'll have to carry my case around a lot I would totally get one of those.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Well, Santa spent a good bit of money on my Southwest. It is brown and tan and I would like the strap to match.

That particular case is so pretty nobody is gonna notice a solid brown strap. Just get a nice solid one with beefy "hooks".

Next time, look me up if you want an instroke, I beat any deal out there or twice the difference back in CASH ;)

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That particular case is so pretty nobody is gonna notice a solid brown strap. Just get a nice solid one with beefy "hooks".

Next time, look me up if you want an instroke, I beat any deal out there or twice the difference back in CASH ;)

Thanks RJ but I got it through the owner of my room. I'd rather give him my business and keep it local. No offense. I love my room and will do almost anything to support it.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Thanks RJ but I got it through the owner of my room. I'd rather give him my business and keep it local. No offense. I love my room and will do almost anything to support it.

No worries, you save $50 to $100, then go spend it at his pool hall. It's all good ;)

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Imstroke case 3x7

I don't use the shoulder strap yet.
I don't like the pockets on mine.
Not big enough to hold my cue extension and or my cue holder that clamps on the table.

over all I really like my instroke case ...............