Cuetec Cues

michaelsu51216

Registered
Thoughts on Cuetec cues and how they play? Thinking about starting with a cuetec and only saw SVB and Earl Strickland using them, heard their shafts are a lot thinner than other shafts but not really sure.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with CueTech, it's the Indian not the Arrow who kills game, and feeds family. There are NO magic Cue, just he Magicians using the Cue.

Might put up a post in WANTED Secion of Wanted & For Sale, as someone might have a Cue for you they would part with.

Last edited:

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After using 25-30 different cues, custom, production etc, I would say Cuetec cues play as good of any of them. The Prestige series is a good way to go. Tremendous value. If the a Cuetec cue falls over and hits a table, the table gets dented :)

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best bang for buck cue in my opinion. I used one for 20+ years until I made the switch to low deflection. Bought and tried several more expensive cues during that time, always went back to the cheap Cuetec.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thoughts on Cuetec cues and how they play? Thinking about starting with a cuetec and only saw SVB and Earl Strickland using them, heard their shafts are a lot thinner than other shafts but not really sure.
Good cues for the money. Cynergy shaft plays great. BTW, multiple pros use them but they are PAID endorsers who could play great with ANY cue. Their shafts are fairly long taper but not any smaller than other brands.

Imac007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best bang for buck cue in my opinion. I used one for 20+ years until I made the switch to low deflection. Bought and tried several more expensive cues during that time, always went back to the cheap Cuetec.

I like their snooker butts. They are slimmer than the pool designs which I find feel fat in my hand. Playing pool with a snooker shaft doesn’t work for me. I added the R360 shaft that SVB played with the better part of a decade. I’m delighted with the combo. Wish they had an adjustable weight snooker butt though. My butt was for a 21 oz snooker cue. My 13mm R360 shaft brings my butt/shaft weight to 16.7 oz. Between the pro taper and the top end 9” cavity my cue weight dropped about 4 oz.

After 2 years I can say if someone stole my cue, I would replace with the present combo.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with CueTech, it's the Indian not the Arrow who kills game, and feeds family. There are NO magic Cue, just he Magicians using the Cue.

Might put up a post in WANTED Secion of Wanted & For Sale, as someone might have a Cue for you they would part with.
Well put, cheers!

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I added the R360 shaft that SVB played with the better part of a decade. I’m delighted with the combo.

I have an R360 shaft and imho, it plays as well as the five Predator 314's I have.

SVB sure made a lot of money using that shaft.

To the OP: If you don't have too low of a budget, just go ahead and get a Cuetec Cynergy carbon fiber cue/shaft. Or, just the shaft if you already have a decent butt (don't take that wrong :D).

Maniac

Last edited:

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an R360 shaft and imho, it plays as well as the five Predator 314's I have.

SVB sure made a lot of money using that shaft.

If you don't have too low of a budget, just go ahead and get a Cuetec Cynergy carbon fiber cue/shaft. Or, just the shaft if you already have a decent butt (don't take that wrong :D).

Maniac

I agree that the Cuetec cue with the R360 shaft plays as well as any of the various Predator shafts I have owned and played with. You can get the cue with the R360 for about the same price as a Predator 314 shaft alone. Add the extra money for the extension and you have a great set-up for a very reasonable price. If you want to try carbon fiber you can buy the entire cue for about $100 more than just the shaft. Either way you get a great set-up for a very reasonable price.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I sold off all my fancy shit and use a cuetec with r360 shaft. love it. the tip it comes with sucks bc I hate laminated tips but I leave it in the trunk of my weakly sealed car and it hasn't warped yet. best part? I don't worry about it getting banged up or scratched or whatever else like I did with my expensive cues and I just focus on shooting

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member

their taper is long like a jacoby hybrid but not thinner.